Medical, 401K, Dental, Vision
The Quality Control Inspector maintains quality standards by auditing incoming materials, in-process production, and finished product testing; recording quality result.
- Inspect incoming raw material, manufactured components and finished goods and document non-conformances.
- Inspect all finished goods according to company’s standard operating procedure.
- Inspects materials, parts, and products at different stages of production for visual and physical adherence to specifications
- Records observations and may make recommendations for improving processes
- Updates quality charts monthly
- Set up and assist implementation of quality standards
- Ensures employees in functional areas follow established procedures and generate finished work product and paper work to meet established quality levels.
- Provide leadership and action with customer rejects and problems and takes necessary steps to rectify concerns.
- Conduct investigations on mismanufactured product and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Monitor supplier’s performance and develops new suppliers, assist with supplier’s improvement plans to ensure that corrections are being implemented within specified time frame.
- Collection of inspection data and preparation of inspection reports
- Knowledge of wood, metal, and acrylic manufacturing techniques preferred
- Self-starter that can work independently and on teams
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering and Architectural drawings
- Prior experience using common inspection tools such as calipers, gage pins, thread gages, tape measure and machinist square.
- Ability to visually recognize variations in color of finished parts and printed material against standards and specifications
- Ability to speak fluently and write proficiently in English; ability to communicate in Spanish or Vietnamese is also a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees – from machine operators through management both inside and outside the organizational in one-one-one or in a group setting.
- Familiarity with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment (EPICOR knowledge a plus)
- Strong mechanical skills are also a plus
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 40lbs. frequently
- Must be proficient in 2010 and 2013 Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed is required
- Experience working independently under pressure with multiple deadlines on concurrent projects
- Ability to work flexible hours as dependent upon the business/production needs
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
- Must be able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
- A High School Diploma
- 2 years minimum experience in production QC and manufacturing environment is required
About VIRA Insight, LLC:
VIRA Insight designs and manufactures quality custom store fixtures and displays for today's retailer.
Established in 1990s, the company employs more than 300+ team members in Coppell, TX and Perth Amboy, NJ.
If you are looking for an innovative company with a fast paced environment and unlimited growth opportunities, this is the right place for you!
Great benefits as well:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is offered to all full time employees and their families
- 401K Plan with matching contribution is also offered to all full time employees after an introductory period