Sorry, this job was closed 9 months ago.
VIPKID connects students (aged 4-12) in China with teachers in North America for real-time one-to-one online English immersion learning. A global education company, VIPKID's mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future. VIPKID adheres to the belief that education is not one-size-fits-all and that all students are unique and the world is within their reach when connected with great teachers capable of personalized learning and sparking curiosity. The company offers a progressive pedagogy based on the U.S. Common Core State Standards and now serves a community of over 250,000 students and 30,000 teachers in the U.S. and Canada.Job Description
Looking for a flexible, professional online teaching opportunity? VIPKID, Forbes’ #1 “Remote Work” company for 2018, is the world leader in online English education for kids 12 and under.
Discover the joy of online teaching with VIPKID's platform and curriculum. No commute, no grading, no lesson planning required! Instruct kids in your spare time during early mornings or evenings.
Teaching just 60 minutes part-time per day earns you between $420-650 a month. It's as easy as making a Skype call, with an interactive and fun curriculum and lesson plans for you.
- The most active online English teaching community in the world
- Top-ranked online teaching company on Indeed and Glassdoor
- Backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent Holdings (currently valued at $1.5 billion)
Search for VIPKID on YouTube, Facebook, and Glassdoor to see rave reviews from our 40,000+ online tutors!
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through our Teacher Recruitment Portal:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Basics of the Online English Teacher Role:
- The classes: 25-minute full immersion English language, 1-on-1 classes
- The pay: Depends on your experience, but averages around $9.5 per 25-minute class, i.e. $19/hour
- The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, designed by our in-house curriculum team
- Time of day: You choose your schedule from available class slots; peak student demand hours are listed below
- Location: Conveniently teach remotely from your home - no commute!
- What you need: A computer, strong internet connection, and a headset
- The culture: Learn about Chinese culture, families, and lifestyle from your students
Contract type: Independent contractor
Start date: Immediately
Peak times: The following hours tend to be students’ most requested time periods:
- Monday-Sunday 6-10am EST
- Saturday-Sunday 9pm-10am EST
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $14.00 to $22.00 /hourQualifications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Posted date: 10 months ago
Browse English Teacher jobs in San Mateo CA USA:
HS2 Academy in Fremont, CA
Posted 29 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Career China in San Jose, CA
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
TwoSigmas in Los Altos, California
Posted yesterday on Twosigmas