“We have a passion for providing quality service and excellence. We love what we do!”
Related Titles: Purchaser; Procurement Specialist; Purchasing Clerk
Reports to: Executive Chef
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position
Salary dependent on experience
Education and/or Experience
* Associate’s degree in business and accounting desirable.
* A minimum of two years of experience in the food service business or working as a purchasing agent.
* Exposure to or experience in purchasing quantity food, food service equipment, furnishings, supplies or services through competitive bidding.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
* Strong analytical, negotiating and product management skills required.
* Working knowledge of sources of supplies, pricing trends, and grades or quality of materials and products.
* Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
* Strong sense of business ethics.
Assists in the procurement of all food and beverage products, equipment, supplies, materials and other items needed for the club. Specifically, the purchasing agent manages vendors, inventory, storage, and invoices. The incumbent would be responsible for working with club personnel to determine proper quality and purchase quantities.
* Processes purchase requisitions from authorized personnel.
* Compares vendors’ product quality, service dependability and costs to assist in the selection and evaluation of vendors.
* Monitors inventory records and maintains current files of vendors, stock lists, catalogs, price sheets, etc.
* Acts as a liaison between vendors and all club departments to process purchase requisitions.
* Monitors purchase orders to assure that deliveries are correct and complete, expediting purchasing of needed products.
* Interacts with vendor personnel regarding shortages, price changes and related matters to minimize losses from product or supply pilferage, spoilage or obsolescence.
* Continuously improving procedures that minimize operating costs for purchase and storage of all products. Inspects storage areas.
* Works with vendors to solve operating problems and identify new products, materials and processes which are potentially useful to the club.
* Creates goodwill for the club through effective vendor relations.
Licenses and Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand, and lift up to 40 pounds.
* Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Moderate noise level in the work environment.
* Must be able to handle hot and cold interior and outdoor conditions.
About Vestavia Country Club:
Nestled atop the mountains of Vestavia Hills and spanning over 176 acres, Vestavia Country club offers a rich tradition of hospitality, recreation and family focus for all ages in a luxurious and welcoming atmosphere.
Company address:400 Beaumont Drive, Birmingham, Alabama 35216