Founded by leading experts from Yahoo, Microsoft, Oracle, and University of Washington and venture-backed by successful entrepreneurs, the company is a big data startup with proven open-source technology that allows our clients to achieve complex, data-driven insights at high speed and leverage data science to solve real business challenges. Our open-source data platform is highly scalable and we are growing rapidly.
Through numerous patents, collaborations with leading data science and engineering academic institutions and vast contributions to the open-source community, the team is bringing the power of our platform and distributed storage to companies of all sizes in the banking, healthcare, Internet, and media sectors. Current clients include the second-largest financial services company in the world, Fortune 500 firms, and a leading healthcare technology provider.
Our dynamic work environment encourages and rewards innovators who bring outside-the-box thinking and leadership skills. Do you have the entrepreneurial vision and ambition to be a part of our journey?
As part of the product development team and reporting into the Head of Engineering, you will develop a highly scalable platform for real-time decisioning and data processing utilizing open-source, Big Data technologies. This job involves designing and creating new, cutting-edge technologies, new algorithms, APIs, as well as improving existing components and contributing to the open-source community.
We are looking for seasoned developers who thrive in a start-up environment. Senior Engineers are expected to be highly technical, hands-on, motivated, collaborative, and able to work autonomously. Senior Engineers should be able to understand product and software design as well as understand how code will act in various, complex scenarios to minimize unintended outcomes. Senior Engineers are also expected to mentor junior engineers. Depending on the person, this role may lead to a Feature Lead or Lead Engineer role.
Qualified candidates are experienced software developers who have developed distributed platforms/solutions with Relational and/or NoSQL databases as stores, messaging queues, multi-threading, and open source technologies.
This position is in Bellevue, Washington or Menlo Park, California.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 8+ years of development experience in building parallel and distributed systems in C++/Java/Scala.
· Experience in building systems that leverage open source components and big data open-source technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
· Good understanding & working knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms. Experience in common data science tools/components such as R, Weka, and NumPy.
· Solid understanding of general algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming.
· Experience with different phases of software development life-cycle.
· Experience working on systems handling large volumes of data.
· Able to develop/deploy using Linux environment.
· Ability to lead small teams and working with distributed teams.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, must be a team player.
· Occasional travel to remote teams.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science
· Has managed a team of 3+ engineers
· Experience in Python and scripting languages.
· Experience in development of high-performance systems
· Contributions to open source
· Experience with Scala, Spark, and GPU programming
· Enjoy working with new technologies and helping them to reach maturity
· Professional experience of agile methodologies, e.g., Scrum
· Knowledge of common Web services protocols, e.g., HTTP, DNS, SSL, REST, Unix operating systems (especially Linux), and system calls