Job Classification: Direct Hire
Description: This is a full-time
week-day shift.Driver/Records Management Assistant
will be responsible for performing daily routes in which media and paper records are delivered to and picked up from customer sites, as well as assisting with Media/Paper Operations on an as needed basis.
The position requires:
- A detail oriented person with a dynamic attitude and a sense of initiative.
- Familiarity with the city of Houston and its surroundings.
- A level of physical capability for lifting file boxes
- Time flexibility, based on changing logistics.
The position requires both team work and individual choice making, with total adherence to Policies and Procedures. Basic to advanced computer knowledge is required in order to work with records management software.Additional Details:
Requirements for this position include:
- Interface with customers on a daily basis; verbally communicate details and information to customers and service the customers' needs in person
- Interface with customer support and managers on a daily basis regarding service quality and issues of customer satisfaction
- Transport customers' media to and from specified points within the district's territory. Perform emergency/priority requests and any other customer requests requiring transportation.
- Operate under specific and detailed instructions; refer changes in schedule or problems to supervisor
- Load and unload vehicles as required, and verify accuracy of deliveries and pick-ups
- Prepare and maintain paperwork including receipts, work orders, media orders, and media receipts. Track and forward parking tickets, toll receipts, and others for payment. Notify manager immediately of accidents and complete accident reports
- Ability to demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills.
- Computer proficiency, accurate paperwork completion, understanding of the importance of details and accuracy
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce all security procedures.
- Ability to lift material up to 70 pounds; ability to use tools for maneuvering.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening, and a background check,.
- 1+ years experience route transportation experience is preferred
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Location: Houston (Spring Branch)
- Compensation: Starting at $10.00/HR
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.