Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
To be successful in this role, the Requirements Engineer must be able to perform the following:
- Facilitate sometimes large meetings with the goal of reaching common understanding and consensus from an array of viewpoints
- Be able to understand and articulate strategic level requirements and understand the implications for implementation level requirements
- Communicate and document both strategic and implementation level criteria/requirements to an array of audiences that may have different levels of understanding
The REASC team as performs technical triage of requests received into the NGA Enterprise Capability Adjudication Process (NECAP). These efforts include technical analysis of the request to provide recommendations for fulfillment of the request and on occasion require working with customers to define a request in further detail. Duties of this Requirements Engineer include:
- Developing clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensures proper traceability
- Application of strategic thinking to elicitation and decomposition of enterprise epics.
- Internal and external customer coordination to elicit, define and capture strategic enterprise and system-level capabilities/requirements to satisfy a variety of mission objectives
- Build consensus for requirements by leading internal and external customers in TEMs.
- Perform end-to-end analysis to determine which requirements may already be satisfied by existing systems and which requirements need to be allocated to new or existing systems
- Partner within the commercial and academic communities to evaluate innovative technologies that can improve mission performance
- Work with both agile teams to develop enterprise (SAFe Portfolio), project (SAFe Value Stream) and program epics, features and user stories and also waterfall legacy/heritage programs using traditional requirement “shall” statements
- Establishing and maintaining enterprise baseline integrity.in conjunction with Configuration Management, .
- Evaluating contractor ECPs, requirement and design reviews and provide readiness assessments
- Mentoring other team members both within and outside of the REASC with regards to epic development along with general requirements engineering subject matter
- Perform capability definition, analysis and Portfolio allocation in accordance with the NGA Enterprise Capability Adjudication Process (NECAP)
- Manage criteria/requirements, epics, features and user stories within JIRA, Confluence, NEWT, DOORS NextGen and NCMS DOORS, to and work other miscellaneous tasks.
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Math, Engineering or related technical experience
- 11+full years of experience in related field
- Systems Engineering and Integration experience working with NSG/NGA or GEOINT Mission Partner systems/segments
- Experience applying system engineering processes, and detailed implementation planning to complex systems or enterprises
- Experience with elicitation of enterprise and solution requirements
- Customer service mindset
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Very strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Confluence, JIRA and DOORS
- Knowledgeable about IC Cloud Computing Initiatives and tenets of Cloud Computing
- Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Agilist (SA) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization and programs
- Working knowledge of the NSG and NGA Acquisition Processes
- Previous Technical or Document POC experience for CM controlled items
- RFC Authorship Experience
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), IT (ITIL)
- Familiarity with NGA leadership and organization
- Project/Task Leadership skills and experience
4 months ago