Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Service Delivery Director Jobs in Baton Rouge, LA
Service Delivery Director
Job Description FormDivision/Department: Executive ManagementLocation: Baton RougeJob title: Director, Service DeliveryReports to: Executive Management TeamLevel/Grade:
Executive ManagementType of position:
X Full-time X Exempt
o Part-time o Nonexempt
Company Overview : UtiliWorks Consulting (UWC) is a company focused on the successful development and deployment of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technology and Smart Grid technology into the marketplace. We are building a team that will assist utility clients in deploying systems that will capture and utilize data more effectively and use that information to improve the performance of their business. AMI/SmartGrid is a dynamic market space and UWC needs job candidates who want the challenge and opportunity associated with a young company that is bringing new technologies and methods into the market place. Our target clients are municipalities and investor-owned utilities (water, electric, and gas) throughout the U.S. and Canada. www.utiliworks.com
General Job Description:
The Service Delivery Director plans, directs, and ensures the successful management and delivery of all professional services and business solutions utilizing the complete resources of the organization and that of the approved sub-contractor network. The Director identifies, evaluates and develops methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. This individual maintains excellent communication with upper management to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the UWC Service Delivery organization. The Director has experience in Project/Program Management and leads in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. The director assesses resource loads and makes appropriate individual assignments, manages and mentors the members of the organization to create effectiveness and accountability. Hires Service Delivery staff to meet actual and projected project staffing needs.
- Supervises the UWC Service Delivery Team
- Maintains approximately 1000 hours per year of direct charge work in addition to management responsibilities
- Identifies, secures, and coordinates implementation of internal and external UWC resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives
- Ensures that all Utiliworks projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
- Develops/Communicates project management standards and best practices
- In addition to project and new functionality deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management and salary determination and communication for the Service Delivery Team
- Collaborates with executive management on personnel, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
- Initiates and implements new methodologies, systems, processes and procedures that support company long and short term goals.
- Implement proper and repeatable processes to consistently and successfully manage projects
- Implement consistent templates for managing project and reporting status to customers and executive management
- Hire competent, experienced Project Managers to lead projects for the organization
- Implement proper compensation plans to retain good PM resources
- Implement adequate training and on-boarding programs and processes to ensure that PMs are well-trained in processes and practices
- Aligning project delivery with strategic business goals and priorities
- Implement an appropriate PM methodology
- Consistent management and oversight of the project portfolio
- Obtaining and maintaining company leadership support
Experience with the following areas is desired: Meter Data Management (MDMS), Customer Information Systems (CIS) and related implementations at a Utility. Understanding of applications and data utilized in a Smart Grid/AMI project such as meter data, SCADA System, Outage Management, Work Management and Communications systems for public utilities. Experience in working with enterprise wide data management design and processes.
Other experience related to IT infrastructure and critical components of Smart Grid/ AMI project is desireable. Estimating experience for cost and work efforts to successfully migrate current IT infrastructure to support new AMI/Smart Grid infrastructure is mandatory.
Technology Skills / Knowledge:
- PMI Certification (PMP or higher)
- MS Office Tools suite
- Advanced proficiency in selected future ERP systems
- Expert in Project Management Principles and methodologies
Non-Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Strong understanding of business process management
- Proactive Management Approach
- Ability to motivate and retain quality staff
- Strong Persuasion, Negotiation, and Conflict Management skills
- $100-140K Based on Experience
About Utiliworks Consulting:
At UtiliWorks, we understand that every utility has a unique physical and business environment. Our team develops a project vision that includes a benefit package and value proposition specifically for your utility and the customers you service. We work interactively with utility personnel to apply the technology or combination of technologies that fit your unique environment, while concurrently designing new business practices that support your project's success. We can develop this optimum solution because we have no vendor affiliations. Therefore, we do not associate our recommendations with a particular technology. Our goal is to help our clients be more successful by providing leadership, industry experience and proven implementation methodologies.
As a consulting firm conceived to specialize in AMI and Smart Grid technologies, we offer the following advantages:
UtiliWorks will be vested in your utility's success with regard to your AMI and Smart Grid project initiative.
You will have direct access to our top level personnel.
We provide innovative and flexible staffing.
Our employees average more than 20 years of industry and related experience each.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Service Delivery Director jobs in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: