$24,000 to $30,000 Annually
Dental, 401K, Life, Vision, Medical
Last online 6 hours ago
Why work here?
The Membership Services Specialist serves as the front line of customer service for USA Cycling members via phone, email, and in person. USA Cycling aims to provide first-class customer service to all its members, participants, partners, and stakeholders, and the Membership Services Specialist is essential to building positive relationships with all these individuals when they visit or contact USA Cycling. A strong customer service background in a high pressure environment is essential to success. Experience with cycling, or another complex membership organization is helpful. Flexible hours including some evenings and weekends are required.
- Answering phone calls and responding to general inquiries for information and assistance regarding membership, events, and other questions
- Managing membership related email boxes, and ensure inquiries are being addressed in a timely manner; forward inquiries as necessary to appropriate staff
- Monitoring and tracking customer service issues and relaying feedback to leadership and teammates as needed to ensure ongoing issues are addressed, while providing proactive ideas and driving creative solutions to problems
- Welcoming and directing company visitors to the appropriate staff member
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS and FedEx, distributing mail to appropriate staff, and handling all membership mail as designated
- Updating member information as needed to ensure correct data is contained in the membership database
- Maintaining cleanliness of lobby area and conference center
- Performing data entry and record processing work as required, including club applications, membership applications, and one-day licenses
- Assisting Membership and Event Services teams with administrative tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous customer service experience required
- A background with and understanding of competitive cycling preferred
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures sufficient to be able to process various types of paper work
- Knowledge regarding USA Cycling member and club benefits and structures preferred
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Customer service: Focusing on customers and developing solutions which meet their needs or desires
- Teamwork: working selflessly with others in the pursuit of a common cause
- Communication: verbal and in written clarity with all members, race directors, clubs, and staff to respond to their needs in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- Organization: ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress, and effectively deal with stress and a high-paced environment with attention to detail
About USA Cycling:
Recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the Union Cycliste Internationale, USA Cycling is the official governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States, including BMX, cyclocross, mountain bike, road and track. As a membership-based organization, USA Cycling comprises 60,000+ annual members; 2,500+ clubs and teams; and 34 local associations. The national governing body sanctions over 3,000 competitive and non-competitive events throughout the U.S. each year and is responsible for the identification, development, and support of American cyclists.
The mission of USA Cycling is to develop the sport of cycling in the United States at all levels and to achieve sustained international racing success while fostering a shared commitment to safety, integrity, and the joy of cycling.
210 USA Cycling Pt, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
20+ other people applied to this job.
23 days ago
View all Jobs at USA Cycling