$28,000 to $40,000 Annually
Dental, 401K, Vision, Medical, Life
The Membership Services Lead will coordinate USA Cycling’s customer service efforts to provide best in class support to our more than 60,000 members nationwide. In tandem with the Membership Services Specialist, the Lead also serves as the front line of customer service for USA Cycling members via phone, email, and in person. This can also include some extended business hours including weekday evenings and weekend days. The Lead will help coordinate between the customer service team and other departments, most importantly IT to filter, analyze, and help write requirements to solve issues as they arise.
A strong customer service background in a high pressure environment is essential to success, along with a strategic mindset and ability to solve problems quickly and creatively. Experience with cycling, or another complex membership organization is helpful.
- Working in tandem with customer service team to answer phone calls and emails, particularly outside traditional business hours
- Tracking and solving customer service issues as they are reported by the Membership Services Specialist and the Event Services Coordinators.
- Tracking, filtering, and reporting technology issues as they are discovered by the team and ensuring that fixes are satisfactory for members
- Helping implement customer service tool such as Zendesk or other suitable technology to track issues and provide better customer service to members
- Managing membership related email boxes, and ensure inquiries are being addressed in a timely manner; forward inquiries as necessary to appropriate staff
- Monitoring and tracking customer service issues and relaying feedback to leadership and teammates as needed to ensure ongoing issues are addressed, while providing proactive ideas and driving creative solutions to problems
- Welcoming and directing company visitors to the appropriate staff member
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail including UPS and FedEx, distributing mail to appropriate staff, and handling all membership mail as designated
- Updating member information as needed to ensure correct data is contained in the membership database
- Performing data entry and record processing work as required, including club applications, membership applications, and one-day licenses
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous customer service experience required, preferably in a leadership or managerial capacity
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- A background with and understanding of competitive cycling preferred
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures sufficient to be able to process various types of paperwork
- Knowledge regarding USA Cycling member and club benefits and structures preferred
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Leadership: naturally leading the customer service team even in the absence of supervisory responsibilities
- Adaptability: quickly learning complex systems and intricate policies in a rapidly changing environment, and the ability to recommend and implement improvements
- Customer service: focusing on customers and developing solutions which meet their needs or desires
- Teamwork: working selflessly with others in the pursuit of a common cause
- Communication: verbal and in written clarity with all members, race directors, clubs, and staff to respond to their needs in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- Organization: ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress, and effectively deal with stress and a high-paced environment with attention to detail
About USA Cycling:
Recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the Union Cycliste Internationale, USA Cycling is the official governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States, including BMX, cyclocross, mountain bike, road and track. As a membership-based organization, USA Cycling comprises 60,000+ annual members; 2,500+ clubs and teams; and 34 local associations. The national governing body sanctions over 3,000 competitive and non-competitive events throughout the U.S. each year and is responsible for the identification, development, and support of American cyclists.
The mission of USA Cycling is to develop the sport of cycling in the United States at all levels and to achieve sustained international racing success while fostering a shared commitment to safety, integrity, and the joy of cycling.
210 USA Cycling Pt, Colorado Springs, CO, 80919
1 month ago