This is a remote position. Freelance Writers must live in or near the locations listed.
At UrbanBound, we pride ourselves on innovative technology and outstanding service. UrbanBound is growing at a rapid pace and is looking for Freelance writers to add to our catalog of hyperlocal content. We are looking to make history and you can help UrbanBound achieve greatness by contributing to a growing library of local resources.
Freelance Writers for UrbanBound use their expertise and insider’s perspective to create content that acclimates fresh and soon-to-be-fresh residents to their new home cities. They research information about local hotspots and write about a range of topics based on their city’s unique qualities. Denver native? We might ask what outdoor excursions are musts (and how you cope with the weather). Live in Austin? We may ask you to create a guide to some of the top food trucks in the city. Other times we’ll rely on a writer to surprise us with information about a city’s unique awesomeness. From comprehensive City Guides to Top 10 Lists, projects span a wide range of subject matter and scope.
When you apply for this position please be sure to do the following:
* Complete this brief survey demonstrating your local knowledge and writing style: https://urbanbound.typeform.com/to/Kl2Hex
* In lieu of a cover letter, please submit a writing sample
* Attach a resume/CV outlining your experience and past clients
* Please do not e-mail your resume and cover letter
* Research information on local history, economy, and culture
* Writing & Proofreading
* Article idea generation
* Maintain regular contact with UB Staff
* Journalism or general writing experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of and live in or near city
* Must have Microsoft Word
* We LOOOOOOVE people who have read How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times by Roy Peter Clark
* Ability to generate creative subject ideas
* Outstanding research skills
* Ability to work remotely
* Ability to adapt style/tone to provided guidelines
* Ability to work within a set deadline
* Open to using new technology
* Great communicator
* Team player!
8 months ago