The Plant General Manager position is expected to manage the operations on a day to day basis as well as to oversee administrative functions as needed. This position is responsible for all aspects of day to day operations as well as planning and implementing forecasts and budgets to affect the growth and success of this organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise administrative support team, shift leaders and/or technicians for all operations
- Control the day to day flow of materials
- Operate and manage inventory management system
- Determine staffing needs based on current and future workloads within budgetary guidelines
- Ensure adherence to operational and environmental health and safety protocols, addresses non-conformities in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure customer invoicing is accurately completed within 2 business days.
- Ensure product and commodity tracking and shipments are accurate and complete
- Ensure that all personnel are wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Maintain, develop, and communicate standards of work
- Meet or exceed production goals
- Complete and submit any and all reports as required
- Maintain environmental controls to meet EPA, OSHA, or other standards
- Assist management with the implementation of new and major projects
- Communicate market opportunities and challenges to management
- Ensure the proper identification, grading, and sorting of commodities and products to maximize value
- Inspect the warehouse regularly, checking for stray commodities, safety violations, or any other unsafe issues and address as appropriate
- Monitor and measure facility profit and loss and key performance indicators; take appropriate action to ensure overall profitability potential is maximized
- Additional duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
o Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
o Ability to understand and manage to plan in the areas of financial projections, budgets, and P & L statements
o Strong analytical skill set – ability to analyze problem and develop meaningful solutions
o Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Advanced oral and written communications, conveying information effectively, with confidence and tact, and modifying delivery to meet the needs of varying audiences
o Advanced office equipment operation, such as personal computer, IT systems, general office machines and software such as Microsoft Office Suite
o Time management
o Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
o Organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
o Pay close attention to detail and ensure accuracy of reports and data
o Work effectively and efficiently individually and within work teams
o Maintain high degree of focus and motivation
o Demonstrated ability to find better and more efficient ways of doing things
o Flexible/adaptive to change
o Creative problem solver
o Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
o Inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others
o Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
o Speak, read, write English
Education and Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or related field preferred, or equivalent in experience in a management role, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Proven track record in team development and process improvement preferred.
About Universal Recycling Technologies:
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in Texas, New Hampshire, New York and Oregon. All processing facilities are ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and e-Stewards® certified.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.