Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM AND HELP THE ENVIRONMENT!! GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS!!”
The Industrial Engineer for Sink Float Operations will work closely with operators and maintenance team members to ensure the equipment and overall process is running safely and at optimum capacity at all times. Duties will include troubleshooting mechanical issues and assisting in the repair as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
· Perform and oversee daily production functions; checking and recording water densities and making adjustments if needed, ensure feed hopper is full at all times, track hourly/daily production numbers in spreadsheet, ensure work area is clean, clean magnets in the system throughout the day, check sump pumps and Swecos periodically to ensure running correctly, weigh and tag output bags as needed, and other daily functions as noted.
· Provide ongoing emphasis and training to ensure compliance with URT safety and environmental policies by staff and contractors by ensuring work is performed safely and that hazards are anticipated and managed properly.
· Oversee and recommend equipment/materials purchases. Research items, prepare purchase orders, and place orders as needed.
· Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment, buildings and machinery.
· Establishes standards and policies for installation, modification, upgrades, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
· Lead the preventive and predictive maintenance process, working with CMMS to manage the department’s resources and ensure operational goals are met.
· Update and/or Create, and Operate within set Standard of Work (SOWs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
· Lead technical resources for the facility to meet strategic goals. Also, be a champion for process and equipment improvements utilizing lean manufacturing tools as directed.
· Meet and address safety requirements for all department personnel, to include authorization of equipment operation, and train/enforce EHS standards.
· Oversee scheduling of department employees, including scheduling employee vacations to ensure adequate coverage.
· Manage parts and supplies orders to budget, and ensure critical spares are on hand.
· Complete daily/weekly/monthly reports or analysis’ as required.
· Travel to other facilities to provide guidance and support: approximately 20%
· Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
· Work closely with the Plant Managers to decrease equipment downtime while moving from a reactive to proactive maintenance model by implementing Lean concepts throughout the Engineering department.
· Establishes preventative/predictive maintenance schedules for new and existing equipment.
· Perform and oversee day to day tasks in the sink float department; making improvements and increasing efficiency
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information, gathering samples, and evaluating results to help choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Troubleshooting experience necessary
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
· Ability to handle stressful situations, manage time, set priorities, and multitask.
· Knowledge of material balance, process engineering, process controls, plant hydraulics, and process safety management.
· Effective analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Manage tasks, resources, and people effectively.
· Flexible/adaptive to change.
· Creative problem solver.
· Speak, read, write English
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Advanced oral and written communications, conveying information effectively, modifying delivery to meet the needs of varying audiences
· Time management
· Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Analyze operational or management reports or records
· Analyze organizational operating practices or procedures
· Confer with other departmental heads to coordinate activities
· Coordinate production materials, activities or processes
Education and Experience
· Bachelor of Science Degree, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or licensure and equivalent experience.
· Project management experience preferred.
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a certified recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in New Hampshire, Oregon, and Texas. We are e-Stewards®, NAID® AAA, ISO 9001:2015, and ISO 14001:2015 certified.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company address: 2535 Beloit Ave, Janesville, Wisconsin 53546, United States
Posted date: 20 days ago