Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Compensation$17 to $17.01 per hour
Why Work Here?
Great team of friendly professionals helping our community.
Job Title: Ambulette Driver
Reports to: Supervisor/Director of Operations
Job Summary: Responsble for safe and efficient operations of Ambulette vehicles. Provides safe, quality care for clients entrusted to our care. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for Employment: High school graduate or equivalent education; 21 years of age or Driver License "C" or higher; with a Passenger Endorsement or be eligible to obtain one, Meet NYS DOT 19A regulations for driving an Ambulette/School Bus.
Physical Requirements: Strength ability must be sufficient to perform lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing and handling weight of at least 150lbs. Mobility parameters including sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and crouching as well as reaching above and below the shoulder.
Work Environment: Indoor and outdoor work including any and all possible weather conditions; driving on a variety of roads in all weather conditions; Interaction with hospital, medical facility and nursing home staff as well as ill, elderly or clients with behavioral health issues.
Areas of Responsibility:
A. Operational Standards:
- Completes assignments as per work schedule;
- Prepares Ambulette vehicles for service prior to each shift (check and replenish supplies,clean and disinfect vehicle);
- (Prior to departure) performs required vehicle inspection (fuel, fluids, oil, general operations) and complete vehicle inspection sheet;
- Inspects wheelchairs, securing devices, vehicle lift and safety equipment for proper operation;
- Reports and ensures correction of problems noted during inspection, prior to departure;
- Prepares and cleans vehicle's equipment at end of shift in a timely manner, for the next days business;
- Responds to Dispatch's directives promptly and efficiently;
- Completes calls and returns in service;
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Provide and submit accurate and pertinent written and/or electronic documentation of client transports and mileage;
- Reports all accidents, collects accident information and completes reports in accordance with NYS law and company policy.
- Attends defensive driving and training;
- Complies with NYS seatbelt usage law at all times;
- Complies with all NYS driving laws;
- Documents needed repairs of vehicles per Unity Ambulette Corp. policy;
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of vehicles exterior and interior;
- Operates company vehicles in a safe and professional manner;
D. Client Care Responsibilities:
- Exercises safe handling of clients during transfer and transport.
- Works effectively as a team member;
- Actively participates in orientation of new employees;
- Maintains a professional company image and respect for others;
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts when they occur with co-workers;
- Identifies personal and professional areas for improvement.
F. Customer Service:
- Maintains a professional appearance by complying with uniform policy;
- Maintains good personal hygiene;
- Maintains a calm and professional attitude;
- Exhibits quality, positive interaction with clients, doctors, facility staff and community members;
- Maintains client confidentiality by following HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Maintains attendance in accordance with company standard;
- Reports for duty on time;
- Provides adequate notice prior to lateness or absence;
- Complies with policy for requesting time off, sick leave, and shift swaps, within allotted time frame;
- Willing to assist in meeting need resulting from unexpected shift changes or need for overtime.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
About Unity Ambulette Corp:
Company address: 2905-2, Rt9W, Saugerties, NY
Posted date: 17 hours ago