Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Senior Software Quality Engineer Jobs in Columbia, SC
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Unitrends is seeking a hard-working, motivated individual as part of their Quality Engineering team to test software for the purpose of delivering a quality product to our customers.
The Quality engineer will perform specific tests, examining all aspects of a product from an end-user's perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test environments by configuring hardware and installing software including operating systems and application software.
- Verify that product features function according to requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain test plans and test cases.
- Conduct software certifications to ensure compliance with the Unitrends’ solution.
- Assist in developing test automation architecture.
- Manage defects and analyze and troubleshoot issues.
- Interface with Engineering to ensure new features are in accordance with requirements.
- Participate in feature reviews to provide input on functional requirements, feature design or potential problems.
- Review documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ Years of Solid QA Experience Using PERL, PHP and Bash in a Windows and/or Linux Environment
- Minimum of 3 three years of experience in a related function is required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Should have the ability to work independently or in team environment.
- Should possess good organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
- Working understanding of multiple operating systems including Windows and Linux
- Experience in scripting languages like PERL, PHP and bash.
Why Here? Why Now?
We’re proud to say it: We LOVE our jobs! Seriously.
Further, we’re like family here. Maybe it’s the fact we all truly believe in what we do, maybe it’s the orange foosball table in our lobby, the free onsite commissary, or, the fact that a few of us wear “Tech-Ninja’ tee-shirts, but this is a seriously cool career. –Perhaps that’s why we’re growing like crazy! So, why now? What better time to expand your career? Big growth means phenomenal advancement opportunities, working with the latest technologies, and Unitrends will pay to sharpen your skills with certifications and training. We want to hire and keep the best team in the world.
Benefits: Insurance with Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, 401K, and way more!!!
Working Environment: casual dress, cubicle for easy teamwork, free snacks and gourmet coffee, health club membership, free parking, cool gadgets, and too much to list!
Other Important Stuff
No relocation benefits available for this position
- No third party agencies. Any and all submitted resume will become property of Unitrends and no compensation will be paid under any circumstances.
- Only candidates with the qualifications, skills and experience required will be considered for this position.
- Unitrends is an equal opportunity employer. EEO
- Unitrends Participates in E-Verify
Unitrends is a passionate provider of enterprise-level date protection. We offer the #1 all-in-one backup solution for virtual, physical and cloud. Building on over 20 years of industry firsts, Unitrends continues to lead the market.
Check us out: http://www.unitrends.com/
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Senior Software Quality Engineer jobs in Columbia, South Carolina:
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
General Info Services (GSI) in Chapin, SC
Posted 11 days ago on StartWire
QA Software Engineer/Performance Tester
Bioclinica in Columbia, SC
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Quality Assurance Analyst – Advanced
InstantServe LLC in Columbia, SC
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter