Are you one of those gifted IT people with solid technical problem solving skills, AND awesome people skills? Do you have a diverse background that includes Systems Engineering, technical analysis, and end-user support? Do the words ‘maintainable’, ‘scalable’, and ‘100% uptime’ get you excited!! If so, keep reading….
Unitrends is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Support Engineers. Our product sits on over 100 platforms so no day is ever the same. We consider this top-tier support role ‘mission critical’ for our growth. The Senior Engineer in this role will serve as our Guru and final point of escalation to our customers. We’ll be relying on you to “save the day’. This includes independent reasoning and research, coordinating call notification, reporting, and providing detailed problem documentation. Sometimes our customers call in a panic, sometimes they don’t, regardless, they always leave happy.
So, what sets Unitrends apart? Well that’s simple; we’re totally customer obsessed. We do what it takes to not only save the day, but make folks smile. Sometimes with a cape, sometimes not, but delighting our customers is always our number one goal.
Our team works hard but also knows how to have serious fun! We strive for 99.9% of our customers to be delighted, wowed, and thrilled. If you’re game driven, don’t mind a bit of the spotlight, and would thrive in an exciting environment, apply today.
What does an average day look like? We’re glad you asked!
- Assist 4 to 6 customers with their spiffy Unitrends products
- Manage and troubleshot UNIX and Linux systems
- Exercising independent judgment with nimbleness, 100+ platforms = continuous research and learning
- Provide advanced network management, scripting, and configuration.
- Teamwork resembles a relay race, and you’re the final ‘star runner’
- Bachelor's degree; and 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years managing and troubleshooting UNIX and Linux systems; advanced network management, scripting, and configuration experience;
- Working experience with Microsoft NT/Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server, Microsoft Exchange, Novell, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server; and supporting storage and backup management.
- Virtualization experience for hosting server environment,
- IT experiences including varied multi-tier application architectures, storage architectures, DB integration and reporting, network performance and integration, web portals and user security.
- Experience providing customer support, level 1 and level 2, in a customer support desk setting.
- Working knowledge of the Software Life Cycle.
It would be cool if:
- Experience making people smile, on a daily basis
- On your toes! We’re looking for quick and nibble
- A curious mind that loves to dive-in and find creative solutions
- Charismatic yet professional communication
Why Here? Why Now?
- You had an “I LOVE Linux” bumper sticker on your ride
We’re proud to say it: We LOVE our jobs! Seriously, we do.
Further, we’re like family here. Maybe it’s the fact that we all truly believe in what we do, maybe it’s the orange foosball table in our lobby, the free onsite commissary, or even the fact that we wear “Tech-Ninja’ tee-shirts, but this is a seriously cool career. –Perhaps that’s why we’re growing like crazy! So, why now? What better time to expand your career? Big growth means phenomenal advancement opportunities, working with the latest technologies, and Unitrends will pay to sharpen your skills with certifications and training. We want to hire and keep the best team in the world. Cool Perks!
Benefits: Insurance with Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, 401K, and way more!
Working Environment: casual dress, cubicle for easy teamwork, free snacks and gourmet coffee, health club membership, free parking, cool gadgets, and too much to list!Other Important Information
· No relocation benefits available for this position
· No third party agencies please. Any submitted resume will become property of Unitrends and no compensation will be paid under any circumstances.
· Only candidates with the qualifications, skills and experience required will be considered for this position.
· Unitrends is an equal opportunity employer. EEO
· Unitrends Participates in E-Verify