Sorry, this job was closed 2 years ago. See all open
“Join our team if you want to work with a group of highly professional and caring people who are committed to building a strong community.”
Unique temporary opportunities for qualified individuals to assist with fundraising for the 2016 annual campaign. These temporary opportunities, called “Loaned Executives” are made available based on a donation from an organization to pay for the position’s salary during the annual campaign. The positions report to a UWABC Campaign Manager and apply leadership, fundraising, and teamwork skills to assist local companies plan, implement, and run successful United Way Campaigns. The Loaned Executives serve as a United Way spokesperson, conveying the value of United Way to the community and resources provided in the area of health and human services.
These temporary, full-time positions will run from August 22, 2016 through October 28, 2016. Training will be conducted from August 22 - August 31. It is essential that applicants are able to commit to the entire 10-week assignment to ensure a successful campaign for our mission to Unite People. Improve Lives. Strengthen Community.
• Review and become familiar with United Way’s mission, vision, values and community impact agenda.
• Successfully develop, organize and implement campaign strategies by working with employee campaign coordinators for assigned accounts.
• Analyze past giving history of each assigned company and work with United Way staff to establish and record current status.
• Work with volunteers to secure corporate contributions and/or personally contact CEOs of assigned companies (where applicable).
• Make United Way presentations at employee meetings and ask for contributions.
• Collect and deliver campaign materials to assigned companies.
• Provide excellent customer service support.
• Prospect for new companies to support United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County.
• Monitor campaign progress, while keeping United Way staff fully informed
• Collect company contributions. Submit accurate & timely reports according to established pledge processing standards.
• Complete clerical duties and maintain accurate, comprehensive company files. Includes ongoing paperwork, accounting reports and appropriate acknowledgements to campaign volunteers. Write and file background notes on each company and update computer records, as needed.
• Participate as member of a LE team, supporting other team members by sharing responsibilities. Attend weekly LE meetings and all campaign related events.
• Evaluate the campaign and make recommendations for the following year’s Loaned Executive team.
• Associate or Bachelor Degree
• Effective communication skills: verbal, written, phone
• Persuasive presentation skills
• Self-directed, enthusiastic, creative
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under fast-paced conditions
• Basic math skills
• Basic computer skills
• Driver’s license, use of a car, ability to carry up to 25 lbs.
• High ethics, trustworthy & honest
• Positive attitude, team player, flexible
• Adhere to United Way’s code of ethics, always representing United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County in a positive manner.
Stipend: $4,000 total for the 10-week term. Please note: there is a strong history of past employees developing connections that have led to permanent positions after their 10-week service. With this role, you are routinely in-front of management and human resources personnel for the leading companies in the area. One of the most attractive features of this position, along with the benefit of being aligned with our reputation, is the history and the practical work experience that can bolster an existing resume.
United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County is dedicated to working with others to build a strong, caring community where residents are educated, financially stable and healthy.
Our mission: United People. Improve Lives. Strengthen Community.
We accomplish our mission with four strategies: the Middle School Success initiative; Hands On Asheville-Buncombe Volunteer Center; NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral service; competitive grants to health and human service nonprofit organizations.
If you are interested in being a part of an organization that has a strong history, but isn't afraid to question and re-think how to accomplish its goals, then you will enjoy working with us.
We value and respect all types of diversity. We provide equal employment opportunity without regard to, and not limited to, ethnicity, religion, race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or genetic information.
Company address: Asheville, NC, USA
Posted date: 2 years ago
Browse Executive jobs in Asheville NC USA:
Everyday Health in Asheville, NC
Posted 3 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
The Crossings at Reynolds Mountain in Asheville, NC
Posted 22 days ago on ZipRecruiter
HomeTrust Banking Partnership in Asheville, NC
Posted 13 days ago on Market Intelligence Jobs