“Awesome Company, room to grow, excellent benefits.”
Executive Chef & Task Force Chefs
For Branded Hotel Restaurant & Banquet,
* Plans and develops menus for all restaurant and bar concepts
* Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
* Evaluates food products and defines product specifications to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
* Interviews, selects, trains, develops and maintains a professional culinary team sufficient to meet departmental needs
* Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation quality standards are met within budgeted labor cost goals.
* Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
* Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
* Manages product costs and departmental labor cost to meet budgetary objectives
* Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
* Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
* Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
* Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
* Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
* Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
* Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
* In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
* Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
* Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
* Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
* Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
* Represent the culinary operations of the concepts through marketing engagements or PR efforts
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to interact positively with management, coworkers, team members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
* Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
* Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff and suppliers Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as recipe proportions, percentage and volume.
10 years years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 5 years experience as executive chef or sous chef
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen while working. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to high temperatures and fumes. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About United Restaurant & Hospitality Group:
United Restaurant + Hospitality Group is a network of restaurant and hospitality professionals. Our restaurant, hospitality, and F&B consultants have provided expert recruiting and corporate services to restaurants, hotels, and resorts since 2012. Founder is a Culinary Institute of America graduate and former Sage Hospitality executive.
-We are fiercely passionate about your success.
-Your business is our business, and your success is our success. We will work with you to optimize operations and identify revenue growth opportunities to make your Restaurant or Hotel Food & Beverage operations profitable.
-We are flexible.
-Regardless of your size, we will work with you to deliver results-driven service at a fair and at a comfortable cost.