Sorry, this job was closed yesterday.
POSITION TITLE: REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
UMDC is looking for an energetic self-starter to identify, promote, and lead new housing and commercial development projects in Cleveland’s Union Miles neighborhood – working with numerous partner organizations and reporting to the Executive Director. UMDC has undergone a recent Strategic Plan update which calls for several exciting new projects aimed at improving the lives of residents in the Union-Miles service area, forming additional partnerships and yielding new physical development. Additional duties include project coordination and assistance with other functions of UMDC (e.g., report writing, pro-forma modelling, and proposal writing assistance).
1. Strategize new development projects. Implement the planning, facilitation of parties and marketing of all new and in-progress construction/development projects.
2. Draft and/or co-write contractual agreements, funding solicitations, development strategies, and subsidy requests; identify potential contractors; review construction bids; and monitor work financed by grants or loans processed through our agency.
4. Work to incorporate the special requests of area residents in consent with Councilperson and appropriate City of Cleveland Departments.
5. Perform project feasibility analysis via pro forma and sources and uses analyses.
6. Monitor and manage commercial properties and direct staff as assigned per the Executive Director.
7. Prepare reports to include demographic information of project participants, unit production quantities, project expenses, a project narrative, and other requirements outlined within the contract agreement of the projects that you are giving responsibility for managing and/or implementing.
1. Must have a combination of 5-8 years experience in housing and/or commercial development, preferably with public sector or nonprofit agency. Years’ experience can be considered for substitution with higher education. Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s degree in Real Estate, Business or related field, and professional certifications preferred – although not required. Strong writing skills, comfort with public speaking, leading meetings and working with diverse constituents are a must.
2. Ability to create, maintain and update developmental pro formas as well as operational pro formas in fast-paced (but friendly) work environment.
3. Computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Word, Adobe and Excel.
4. Must bring an approachable attitude, team-focus and the ability to complete tasks efficiently with minimal supervision. Must be comfortable shifting gears between different projects simultaneously.
5. Excellent writing skills and habitual documentation of key information and events are necessary for reporting. Must have the ability to verbally articulate concepts and information regarding UMDC development projects to residents, the executive director, board members and external partners.
Competitive salary and full benefits provided commensurate with experience.
The Union Miles Development Corporation’s mission is to "improve the quality of life within the Union Miles service area through community engagement, housing and economic development. UMDC was founded in 1981, as a spin-off organization of the Union Miles Community Coalition. The Union Miles Community Coalition was a well-established community action group (comprised of residents, businesses, and churches) that collaborated to improve the quality of life in the neighborhood. The coalition identified housing as critical to the long term vitality of the Union Miles community and created the Union Miles Development Corporation as the entity to address housing related issues and projects. Today, the Union Miles Development Corporation provides a wide array of programs and services in Union Miles service area to accomplish our mission.
Email: Resume and coversheet to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Company address: 9250 Miles Park Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44105
Posted date: 5 days ago
Browse Real Estate Director jobs in Cleveland OH USA:
ROCO Real Estate in Elyria, OH
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
ROCO Real Estate in Euclid, OH
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Northwood Realty Services in Cleveland, OH
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter