Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open RN Jobs in Hawkinsville, GA
The Registered Nurse provides hemodialysis therapies to patients with chronic renal disease. Reports to Charge Nurse, Administrator, Medical Director, and patient’s physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete patient admission process as outlined in policy and procedure, collaborating with team members regarding real or potential problems or needs relative to the treatment provided.
- Complete pre-treatment and post treatment physical assessments.
- Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per protocol.
- Provide patient education and follow-up as needed.
- Set up dialysis machines; report machine problems to biomedical technician and/or Facility Administrator as appropriate.
- Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis machines as required by policy and procedure.
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- May assist physicians during patient rounds and transcribe and implement physician orders.
- Coordinate timely transcription and implementation of all physician orders.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Assist with the implementation of anemia management and medication protocols as requested.
- Assist with staff training as requested.
- Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing ratios per state regulations, under the direction of the Administrator.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and recording as requested.
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license in the applicable state
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- One or more years of current nursing experience preferred.
- Previous dialysis nursing experience preferred.
- CPR certification.
- Working knowledge of the English language and be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Complete all training requirements per CMS/state regulations.
About U.S. Renal Care:
U.S. Renal Care was founded in 2000 and serves more than 23,000 patients in 350 dialysis facilities in 31 states and the Territory of Guam. At our core, we exist to serve our patients. In fact, we like to say that we are inspired by our patients. We do our best to provide compassionate care, where and when patients need it.
What is life like at U.S. Renal Care?
*We are growing! Acquisition of DSI was completed in December of 2015.
*Great benefit package including 401K.
Please visit our website for a complete list of current openings at www.usrenalcare.com.
Posted 3 years ago
Browse RN jobs in Hawkinsville, Georgia: