Posted 2 years ago in Healthcare
The Acute RN supports the acute dialysis program in their assigned hospital/s and performs dialysis and patient care activities according to company approved policies and procedures. The RN conducts pre and post dialysis assessments and performs patient assessments, obtains vital signs and appropriate data, evaluates data and intervenes as appropriate during dialysis treatments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Initiates and terminates dialysis treatments on patients with permanent fistulas, grafts or catheters.
· Discusses changes in patient status with physician and hospital nurses.
· Prepares, administers and records medications and intravenous solutions as ordered.
· Documents, verifies and ensures implementation of physician orders.
· Responsible for quality patient care in accordance with USRC policies, procedures, guidelines, OSHA, TDSHS, AAMI, federal, state and local regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements include:
· A Registered Nurse with a current RN license having at least 12 months of dialysis experience preferred.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of the English language and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· ACLS preferred
· CNN preferred
· Ability to meet minimum agency hiring standards which include evidence of current CPR certificate and willingness to perform such procedures in the acute setting.
· Be physically able to transfer and/or assist patients from stretcher or wheelchair as necessary. Be able to lift at least 30 pounds from floor level using proper body mechanics, and be capable of carrying two thirty pound containers of concentrate solution. Additionally, must be able to stand for periods of up to 4 hours during the dialysis process, excluding normal breaks.
U.S. Renal Care was founded in 2000 and now serves more than 14,000 patients in more than 200 dialysis facilities in 19 states. At our core, we exist to serve our patients. In fact, we like to say that we are inspired by our patients. We do our best to provide compassionate care, where and when patients need it.
What is life like at U.S. Renal Care?
*We are growing! Our company doubled in size in 2013.
*Great benefit package including 401K.
Please visit our website for a complete list of current openings at www.usrenalcare.com.
Browse rn dialysis jobs in Baltimore, Maryland:
Huffmaster Healthcare Strikes - Baltimore, MD
Posted 8 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
DaVita - Windsor Mill, MD
Posted 8 days ago on iHire
DaVita - Baltimore, MD
Posted 2 months ago on iHire