Life, Medical, 401K, Vision, Dental
Why Work Here?
“We don't just come to work, we come ALIVE!”
Tuthill is a heartfelt community that embraces aliveness. Rooted in authenticity and secured by our common values of integrity, respect, responsibility, courage, awareness, and excellence, we invite the joyful pursuit of big dreams
Summary of Position
Responsible for bringing several Wake the World initiatives to traction through rigorous and inviting program management. This role will help create, manage, and expand our efforts to Wake the World through cause partnerships, internal programs, and other external efforts. You will manage employee engagement and volunteerism while being a champion across Tuthill’s philanthropic initiatives and collaborating with cause partners and communities to drive program success. Strong leadership and project/program management skills, prior experience working with non-profit organizations and communities, and heartfelt conviction for social impact will help you excel in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Curiosity - Seeking understanding and willingly testing assumptions from a place of childlike wonder. Knows how to test assumptions with a sense of urgency. Knows they are creating the uncommon and is eager to learn and step forward.
- Clarity – Having a clear heart and striving to be easily understood. Actively engaging in healthy conflict to increase and/ or seek understanding. Ensuring all activities are clearly linked to timely PD targets with SMART goals.
- Grit – Daily discipline with a rigorous commitment to short-term and long-term goals while being fully accountable. Uses PD and regular engagement to improve internal alignment.
- Grace – Holding ourselves and others great while being patient, understanding and supporting others to take full responsibility for their lives. Demonstrates the wisdom of knowing the difference between Caretaking and Grace. Also, able to meet folks where they are and invite them on the journey.
- Gratitude – Expressing thanks and appreciation from the heart. Acknowledging ourselves and others in the moment and in context
- Love – Unconditionally and actively caring for and being in service of yourself and others. Willing to share impactful feedback because they care. Believes healthy conflict is a way of deepening love for one another.
Model the Compass Our Way behaviors daily. Be the Brand – It’s who we are, what we do, and what we say.
Dare to Make Better:
- Explore likely & unlikely partnerships to Wake the World
- Design partnership with AU to incorporate cause partners into retreats/curriculum
- Continually improve yourself and others by intentionally stepping into the learning zone
- Appreciates the spirit of the TBS tools and uses processes to identify and eliminate waste and to increase impact in external activities; Use the TBS tools, as appropriate, to improve clarity and remove non-value-added elements
- Create and implement structures to ensure consistency among lines of business in their involvement in external partners (cause and others) that includes recognition
Policy Deployment Goals
- Expand Tuthill’s global Wake the World programs and drive consensus amongst lines of business
- Implement employer match program and systems, utilizing data for cause partner selection
- Initiate and manage “Kaizens for a Cause” program to assist cause partner organizations & communities
- Initiate and manage internal & external Wake the World recognition programs
- Launch & run Wake the World incubator
- Support individual efforts to Wake the World
- Lead coordinator roles for cause partnerships and ambassadors
- Partner with non-profits, social enterprises, foundations, and communities to accelerate our climb via reach and opportunities
- Collaborate and execute compelling communication strategies around our Wake the World priorities
- Establish and communicate key metrics for our Wake the World programs and utilizing information to re-calibrate where necessary to ensure we’re having the most impact possible
- Support team in Wake the World lake room activities such as VOE, Cause Partner Funnel, etc.
Education Requirements / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to CSR, business and/or communications or other powerful degree
- MBA a plus
Experience / Skill Requirements
- 7 years of experience, ideally senior management role in a foundation, non-profit, social enterprise or in a corporate social responsibility capacity
- Experienced and adept at working with social impact organizations around the world
- Demonstrated success in project/program management; specifically, with hands-on volunteerism and skills-based pro-bono work
- Solutions-oriented problem solver
- Outstanding facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented with entrepreneurial/can-do attitude; self-starter
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to large groups
- Lifting requirements – occasionally lifting of 35 pounds
- Travel less than 40%, some internationally
Tuthill has always been a company with heart. In our early days, we made the bricks that helped make Chicago, relying on horses to carry the clay. Some days, the heat and haul were too much for their hearts – and ours – to bear. So we created an oil pump to power a truck, saving our four-legged friends and laying the foundation for our future.
Today, we make pumps, blowers, and vacuums, daring to make them better every day. But the original pump – the heart – is still at our company’s core. We’re on a journey to become a Conscious Company, inviting the entire Tuthill community to come alive in everything we believe, say, and create. And we’re extending that invitation beyond our walls. To have a seismic impact on our world, all hearts are vital. When our hearts are awake, our energy is contagious, and we make ripples that can move millions. The world needs people who are alive from the heart. Because when we come alive, the world comes along.
8500 S. Madison Street
4 months ago