Security Officer Job Responsibilities:
Maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
Security Officer Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports of daily activities by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains an organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of security systems, machinery or equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
Security Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills, Customer Service
About TrueCore Security:
Security Guard and Investigations Company