Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Managing Editor Jobs in Portland, ME
DIGITAL MANAGING EDITOR - Portland, ME
Townsquare Media is looking to hire a Digital Managing Editor to oversee the editorial operations of the company’s local websites in Portland, ME, including the creation of digital content that is vital for the local community, and the growth of the audience to that content.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The job also requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus as well.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media.
- Develop content based on audience demand & search data
- Top edit several posts and features a day
- Manage the calendar of content for the site
- Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement
- Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media
Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
About Townsquare Media:
Townsquare Media Group creates and distributes original and motivating media experiences that connect communities seamlessly with content they love, people they trust, products they want, and things that matter. We attract, engage, and activate audiences on a local and national basis through our unique mix of market leading marquee entertainment properties. Our local business owns and operates 312 radio stations, over 325 companion websites, an e-commerce business (SeizeTheDeal.com), and approximately 500 annual live events in 66 small and medium-sized markets across the country. Our national business owns and operates leading music and entertainment-focused digital properties including TasteofCountry.com, Loudwire.com, ScreenCrush.com, and Guyspeed.com; several leading multi-day music festivals, including Mountain Jam and the Taste of Country Music Festival; a digital advertising network which reaches over 50 million unique visitors monthly; and a marketing services business which provides a turnkey web presence for small and medium sized businesses.
Posted 3 years ago
Browse Managing Editor jobs in Portland, Maine: