Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Addiction Counselor Jobs in Covington, LA
Addiction Counselor/Therapist (requires license or certification)
Benefits OfferedMedical, Life, 401K, Vision, Dental
Townsend is growing, and we have an opportunity at our successful outpatient clinic to add an experienced Addiction Therapist to the team. Townsend is part of American Addiction Centers, which provides outstanding benefits for full time employees… and even partial benefits for part time employees. If you have a great work ethic and truly care about patients, then we have a career waiting for you. For this position you must have prior professional addiction treatment counseling experience and you must email a complete resume indicating the dates and specific job duties in your related position(s).
Great benefits and perks include:
1. 100% company-paid health insurance with a low deductible and low co-pays;
2. Opportunity to add spouse/partner and dependents to your insurance;
3. Vision and dental insurance for you and your family;
4. $50,000 life insurance that is 100% company-paid (with the option to purchase more for you and/or your family);
5. Generous vacation/sick (starting at 22 days of Paid Time Off per year as a new employee – this increases the longer you are with the company – up to 31 days per year after you’ve been an employee for 48 months);
6. $1,000 per employee per 12 months for Continuing Education reimbursement;
7. Retirement plan – a 401K with partial company match and 100% company vesting at 3 years;
8. Many supplemental insurance plans like accident, critical illness, identify theft, more;
9. Opportunity to purchase stock in the company at a special employee-only rate;
10. Great working environment and the opportunity to change people’s lives!
Additional information is available at www.careers.americanaddictioncenters.org or www.townsendla.com/careers
Email TownsendJobs@ContactAAC.com TODAY for immediate, confidential consideration.
You must have the following experience, skills and abilities for this position:
- Maintain a current and unrestricted license or credential with his/her professional board or licensing authority in the state - LAC, CAC, RAC, CCS, LMSW, LCSW, LPC, PLPC, etc.
- Must have addiction treatment counseling experience
- Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Able to positively interact and develop rapport with clients and their families, professional support staff, team members and various levels of staff from the community agencies
- If in personal recovery, must have at least 2 years of continued sobriety
- Possess an understanding of the role of 12-step principles in sobriety
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join Townsend, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services via individual, group and family therapy.
Applies patient interventions specific to the DAS structure.
Documents patient notes, interventions, phone calls, and overall patient data, including Symptom Monitoring.
Provides crisis intervention.
Provides support for clinical services to other team members when needed.
Adhere to rules and regulations regarding all patient treatment, such as group size, caseload and referrals.
- Participate in clinical assessments and screenings as needed and work with the admission team to facilitate patient placement.
- Aggressively implement continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform patient assessments to aide in patient admittance.
Townsend is the leader in the field of addiction treatment in Louisiana, using the most innovative treatment models and genetic research to help thousands of individuals achieve recovery. At Townsend, we understand that addiction is a chronic, progressive brain-based disease that is typically self-medicated with alcohol, drugs, gambling, compulsive overeating, and other substances or behaviors. Thus, even if the substance use and behaviors stop, the primary symptoms of addiction will still be present. Currently there is no cure for addiction, but there is hope at Townsend. Our treatment centers are focused on achieving remission of symptoms which will stop a person from seeking drugs or engaging in other behaviors to feel better.
Posted date: 5 months ago
Browse Addiction Counselor jobs in Covington, Louisiana:
Addiction Counselor, Become an Uber Driver Partner as Your Summer Part Time.
Uber in Covington, LA
Posted 25 days ago on Uber
Professional Counselor 4 NEW!
State of Louisiana in Slidell, LA
Posted 4 days ago on StartWire
Mental Health Counselor NEW!
NHS Human Services, Inc. in Hammond, LA
Posted 4 days ago on the web