Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Addiction Counselor Jobs in Lafayette, LA
Addiction Counselor/Therapist (PRN-every other weekend)
Townsend is growing, and we have an opportunity at our successful inpatient facility to add an experienced Addiction Therapist to the team. Townsend is an industry leader in addiction treatment, and this opportunity is located in Scott, Louisiana (part of the metro Lafayette area). This position is every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday-actual working hours can be flexible).
Additional information is available at www.careers.americanaddictioncenters.org or www.townsendla.com/careers
Email TownsendJobs@ContactAAC.com TODAY for immediate, confidential consideration.
You must have the following experience, skills and abilities for this position:
- Maintain a current and unrestricted license with his/her professional board or licensing authority in the state - LAC, CAC, RAC, CCS, LMSW, LCSW, LPC, PLPC, etc.
- Must have addiction treatment counseling experience
- Able to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Able to positively interact and develop rapport with clients and their families, professional support staff, team members and various levels of staff from the community agencies
- If in personal recovery, must have at least 2 years of continued sobriety
- Possess an understanding of the role of 12-step principles in sobriety
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you join Townsend, you’ll enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Provides clinical services via individual, group and family therapy.
Applies patient interventions specific to the DAS structure.
Documents patient notes, interventions, phone calls, and overall patient data, including Symptom Monitoring. Provides crisis intervention.
Provides support for clinical services to other team members when needed.
Adhere to rules and regulations regarding all patient treatment, such as group size, caseload and referrals.
- Participate in clinical assessments and screenings as needed and work with the admission team to facilitate patient placement.
- Aggressively implement continuous quality improvement initiatives.
Townsend Recovery Center, located in Scott, Louisiana (part of metro Lafayette), is a full service integrated care facility for medical stabilization and rehab for people with the chronic biological disease of addiction. Townsend Recovery Center is a private residential addiction treatment facility with a philosophy that emphasizes the importance of blending the highest quality of medical care with compassionate counseling in a safe environment, recognizing that addiction is a neurobiological disease that can be effectively treated and managed.
Townsend is the leader in the field of addiction treatment in Louisiana, using the most innovative treatment models and genetic research to help thousands of individuals achieve recovery. At Townsend, we understand that addiction is a chronic, progressive brain-based disease that is typically self-medicated with alcohol, drugs, gambling, compulsive overeating, and other substances or behaviors. Thus, even if the substance use and behaviors stop, the primary symptoms of addiction will still be present. Currently there is no cure for addiction, but there is hope at Townsend. Our treatment centers are focused on achieving remission of symptoms which will stop a person from seeking drugs or engaging in other behaviors to feel better.
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Addiction Counselor jobs in Lafayette, Louisiana:
Patient Care - must have inpatient care experience - GREAT benefits!!!
Townsend in Lafayette, LA
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
The Center for Children and Families in Lafayette, LA
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Therapist (PLPC, LPC, LMSW or LCSW)
Compass Health in Crowley, LA
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter