Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Claims Processor Jobs in South Portland, ME
- handling a caseload diverse claims in a healthcare setting
- utilizing focused resources (medical, vocational, legal, SIU),
- effectively and professionally manage claims in order to reach the appropriate conclusion
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; ability to relate to a wide variety of healthcare professionals
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of claims investigation and understand the current legal, medical, economic, and vocational climate to allow for global evaluation and analysis of both initial liability and ongoing group Long Term Disability claims.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment
- The knowledge of how and when to involve risk-management partners and/or manager while recognizing that understanding and application of this information is the candidate’s responsibility.
- Experience with group or individual disability claims management, with Worker's Compensation and/or Social Security disability claims experience preferred
- Computer proficiency is an absolute must
- A college degree is preferred
- Related industry coursework or certifications is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Minimum education of high school diploma or GED
This is a contract to hire position starting immediately. Pay rate is based off of experience.
About TotalMed Staffing:
TotalMed Staffing, Inc. provides temporary, contract, and full time staffing services to hospitals and hospital systems, medical groups, and solo practitioners who require staffing assistance in locating physicians, nursing professionals, and allied/ancillary healthcare professionals. Our professional medical staffing consultants act as an extension of your Human Resource Department and complement the recruiting efforts of your recruiting staff. We listen to your needs and seek out qualified candidates who will best fit within your organization's culture and values. Our recruitment process progresses via consistent contact with our candidates to resolve any questions and concerns, and facilitating client interviews and follow-up to efficiently get open positions filled with the right candidate the first time. TotalMed Staffing, Inc. is committed to serving our client's staffing needs to establish a long term staffing partnership through their continued growth.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Claims Processor jobs in South Portland, Maine:
Claims Resolution Analyst or Sr. Job Family 128749
Anthem in South Portland, ME
Posted 8 days ago on the web
Senior Claims Representative - South Portland, ME
UnitedHealth Group Inc. in South Portland, ME
Posted 3 months ago on StartWire
Claims Support Associate
Corporate Brokers in Portland, ME
Posted 1 month ago on ZipRecruiter