This position will provide Quality Assurance expertise in order to certify the level of quality for new, modified, and existing data processes and applications. Our ideal candidate for this position has solid experience testing e-commerce applications in a fast-paced agile development environment. This role will be involved with test planning, requirements gathering and test case creation. In addition this role will assist with automated test harness/code development and debugging root causes of quality issues.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Developers and other QA Analysts to test internet based applications at the functional and system level using manual and automated testing.
- Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to identify both GUI and non-GUI based defects.
- Provide complete test coverage of assigned areas
- Analyze software defects to ascertain source and nature of defects
- Write clear and reproducible software defect incident reports
- Thoroughly verify development fixes at the code and functional levels
- Communicate effectively with other members of the QA team, the development team, other departments and managers
- Become a product and knowledge expert in the areas tested
- Other duties, as assigned by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science desired, or equivalent combination of formal education and experience-based learning
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a software QA Analyst
- Background in an Agile environment(SCRUM, XP, ...etc.)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with a variety of test tools
- Experience with industry QA standards, processes, tools, and methodologies
- High attention to process and detail
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A highly organized individual who works well under pressure with a "whatever it takes" approach to complete tasks to meet tight deadlines- to go above and beyond while remaining keenly focused on quality
About Torrent Technologies, Inc.:
Founded in February 2005, Torrent Technologies ("Torrent") specializes in providing business services to Write Your Own (WYO) companies within the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Combining extensive experience, flexible service options and contemporary technology, Torrent supports customers with the easiest-to-use, most compliance-oriented administration capabilities in the industry. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA with its flood vendor operations based in Kalispell, MT and its government contracting business located near Washington, D.C.
Co-founders Travis Pine and Theresa Johnston lead Torrent and serve as Chairman/CEO and President/COO, respectively. Together, they have more than 26 years in the flood vendor business. Prior to starting Torrent, they were colleagues at a flood vendor where Pine was responsible for technology and Johnston for operations. During their tenure processed premium grew from $2 million to $1.2 billion and they oversaw growth from 10 to 250 employees 220 of which reported to Torrent's co-founders. Read more about Our Team.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approved Torrent as an NFIP flood vendor in September 2006. Torrent was one of the first companies in a number of years to achieve this certification, which is a requirement for any new entrant to the flood vendor market. Earning this accreditation validated Torrent's ability to effectively and accurately serve WYO carriers and enabled the company to launch its product and services commercially.