“We were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017!”
Professional accounting position responsible for the recording of accounting transactions, the preparation of internal and external financial statements for Topa Insurance and its related companies and financial analysis and data management related to general and moderately complex special projects. This position participates in the implementation of internal controls and procedures to insure the safeguarding of the Company's assets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform certain duties including the following in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
· Requires a four (4) year degree in accounting or business.
· Work experience of at least 3 years demonstrating knowledge of accounting, analysis and data management.
Specialized Knowledge and/or Skills:
· Excellent judgement and the ability to make independent decisions in all areas of assigned responsibility.
· The ability to compile data and create useful management reports by utilizing the resources available in the department in a timely manner.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, GL software, and Database management software.
· In addition this position must be computer literate and able to understand and use the other systems within the Company, related to its position
· This position will require strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee is required to see, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Ability to travel (overnight stays and day trips) for business, by plane or auto.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
· Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
· Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
· Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
· Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
· Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
· Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
· Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth knowledge and skill in a technical area.
· Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Topa Insurance Company is a growing boutique specialty insurance carrier in Calabasas, California, with more than 30 years of service in the industry. Our highly engaged employees enjoy a modern, collaborative work environment with on-site fitness. Our top notch management team encourages professional development and achievement, with a commitment to make Topa Insurance an employer of choice. We embrace diversity, believe in, recognize and celebrate our people. Our employee engagement scores are amongst the highest in the industry and we were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017. We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and shared incentives built around corporate goals and objectives. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes up to 20 PTO days a year for first year team members, as well as annual time off for charitable activity. We want innovative team members who are eager to excel to join our team.