“We were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017!”
Claims Department administrative support position responsible for general assistance and support to the Claims Departments technical staff. Functions include new loss set up, work processing and data entry for new claim losses received and answering and directing incoming telephone calls. Serves as the Claims Department support and customer service representatives.
Essential job functions include:
· Responsible for typing and mailing all acknowledgement letters pertaining to automobile and property losses
· Receives the first notice of loss from claimants in a professional and accurate manner
· Inputs new losses into claim system
· Works with Claims Managers and Supervisors to assign Claims Examiners to new losses
· Maintains claims assignment tracking
· Orders underwriting files for coverage review
· Distributes new losses to technical staff
· Processes ISO Claims updates
· Maintains court appearance calendar for litigated claims
· Prints and distributes dictated correspondence sent via electronic mail when appropriate
· Meets or exceeds company assigned objectives on a quarterly basis
· May process claims payments and recoveries
· May perform initial file activity such as the dispatching of appraisers, tow trucks, property inspectors and water and fire damage emergency response units to the scene of a newly reported loss
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent (G. E. D.)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
· Minimum 1-year insurance office experience or customer service related field
· Data entry and word processing experience.
· Keyboard speed of 45 works per minute.
· Excellent telephone etiquette.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all employees and with outside contacts.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
· Good interpersonal skills and temperament.
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook preferred
· Bilingual Spanish / English preferred
About Topa Insurance Company:
Topa Insurance Company is a growing boutique specialty insurance carrier in Calabasas, California, with more than 30 years of service in the industry. Our highly engaged employees enjoy a modern, collaborative work environment with on-site fitness. Our top notch management team encourages professional development and achievement, with a commitment to make Topa Insurance an employer of choice. We embrace diversity, believe in, recognize and celebrate our people. Our employee engagement scores are amongst the highest in the industry and we were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017. We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and shared incentives built around corporate goals and objectives. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes up to 20 PTO days a year for first year team members, as well as annual time off for charitable activity. We want innovative team members who are eager to excel to join our team.