“As a 3rd generation agency, TOMIA is a family; focused on success of our team, clients and communities. Our success is your success!”
We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial insurance agency growing rapidly in Michigan looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Personal Lines CSR - Account Manager. This individual must be familiar with all types of personal lines insurance products including home, auto, personal umbrella as well as many other insurance products. This can be a high paced position so organization, attention to detail and superior customer service is a must.
The ability to foster mutually beneficial relationships both over the phone and outside of the office with centers of influence (mortgage lenders, realtors, car dealerships, etc.) will help drive potential customers to you.
We represent a premier group of insurance companies which enables you to provide multiple quotes for your clients to meet their insurance needs at a competitive price. Retain current clients by proactively recognizing client needs and providing advanced solutions. We believe that our TOMIA family operates best as a team so there will also be occasional producer support duties to assist in the overall smooth operation of the personal insurance department.
• Meet new business production goals and objectives as established
• Manage renewal and proposal processes
• Develop and maintain strong carrier relationships
• Negotiate on behalf of clients with carriers and other service providers
• Engage clients and prospects in gathering renewal information
• Prepare for and attend client meetings
• Assist clients in reporting claims and throughout claim process as needed
• Perform insurance policy, coverage, and exposure reviews
• Handle service, processing or claim situations with client and/or carrier personnel
• Strengthen client relationships through social engagement
• Identify and assist in developing cross selling opportunities
• Pursue a program for personal and professional development
• Perform projects and tasks as delegated by senior leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Prior Insurance Experience is not required but preferred
• Possess a genuine willingness to learn, be intuitive and resourceful and be coachable
• Possess an upbeat, positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Create relationships from a cold start
• Excellent Communication/interpersonal skills
• Confident, self-starter who works well independently
• Must have ability to multi-task
• Career minded vision
• Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files & records, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Proficient with technology and comfortable using agency management systems
• Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Some college coursework preferred CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
• A property & casualty license is required
• A Life license is helpful(We can assist in obtaining this)
• Professional designations in insurance programs such as CISR, CIC, CPCU, ARM (desired)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
At Top O’ Michigan Insurance, we want you to achieve an even work-life balance. As a personal lines account manager, you will build a book of business with increased opportunities for bonuses. Salary is negotiable based on experience and production. We will nurture your learning, support your endeavors, and encourage your professional and individual growth. We encourage you to become involved in your communities as a volunteer to better serve those we work with.
Other benefits you will enjoy as an Account Manager include:
• Awards for top Account Managers
• Medical Insurance (HSA)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan(With matching)
• Work-site Life and Disability Plans Offered
• 6 Month Review
• Annual Job Review
• New Business Incentives
• Profit Sharing
• Net Growth Incentive Cruises
• PTO, Paid Holidays and Time Match for Community Service
Top O' Michigan has provided personal, business, agribusiness and life/health insurance solutions for almost 45 years and has an unlimited future! With multiple locations throughout Northern Michigan, we continue to serve thousands of clients throughout the Midwest. We have a dedication to technology to improve workflows and efficiency in servicing our clients.
As a 3rd generation agency, TOMIA separates from the pack. We have a relaxed but focused sales culture with the energy, resources and enthusiasm for rapid growth. The dynamics of our locations can be easily compared to that of a family. We want everyone in the family to succeed in their careers and remain a strong component of our TOMIA family.
Our insurance agency has 8 locations throughout Northern Michigan and we're looking to expand our team. New positions are now available! We have offices in the following locations: Petoskey, Gaylord, Oscoda, Traverse City, Alpena, Hillman, Iron River, and Mio.
Our Mission Statement: "We will provide unparalleled and caring service to our clients through our knowledgeable staff and give back to our employees, agency, industry and our communities."
This means providing incentives to our team for reaching goals, donating labor and financial support throughout the communities we serve and helping to improve faults in the industry to name a few.