Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open MySQL DBA Jobs in Alexandria, VA
Company: TKC Global Solutions, LLC
Title: Senior Systems Engineer III/Technical Solutions MySQL DBA Architect
Location: Alexandria, VA
Emp Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
- A resource that is solid with MySQL and Database Administration – this is the core requirement
- The resource needs to be a leader and be able to stand up to opposition and offer guidance and expertise – he/she will be mentoring existing DBAs who are technical/have been tasked to get up to speed with MySQL –one of the clients comments is we need someone who can advise/teach us what to do – not figure it out with us.
- Resource should have all of the fundamental database administration skills, (Install, config, managing users, etc.)
- Resource should have experience establishing DBA standards and best practices for MySQL
- Resource should have LINUX expertise
- Resource needs to have experience setting up MySQL clusters, MySQL replication, MySQL backup, point in time recovery – this is a MUST
- It is also preferred that the resource have a solid Oracle background such that he/she can share differences between Oracle/MySQL. Essentially the resource needs to be able to speak to what MySQL does well/what it doesn’t – knows how Oracle does it etc., there is a chance in the future that PTO may revert back to Oracle (its comfort zone) for this so it would be great to have an Oracle savvy person as well
- In addition to mentoring the existing DBAs, this resource will interface with the developers who are utilizing Java. He/she will need to be able to help them make architecture/design decisions that will ensure the application is performing as it needs to in the MySQL database.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
i.e., travel (include %); if there are specific work hours; general office environment; considerable stress may occur at times; occasional long hours; no special physical demands required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qivliq, LLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify Qivliq’s Human Resources Department.
Please email me your latest resume along with what your salary requirement is?
Senior Vice President
12751 Knightsbridge Dr.
Woodbridge, VA. 22192
A Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
Expect a Difference...Experience Success
TKCGLOBAL - A QIVLIQ Company
13873 Park Center Road, Suite 400N
Herndon, VA 20171
SDB 8(a) , ANC
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse MySQL DBA jobs in Alexandria, Virginia: