Titan is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
Did you take everything apart when you were a child to figure out how it worked? Do you like mechanisms? Are you passionate about mechanical engineering and design? Do you love to solve technical problems and create solutions? Are you mechanically inclined with the ability to visualize concepts in your head and take what is in your mind and translate it into functional models, drawings and parts? Do people ask you how things work? Can you fix almost anything? If yes, you might be interested in joining our team of engineers who are like minded. We enjoy inventing clever solutions for our customers.
Titan develops highly sophisticated test machinery to test complex products such as transmissions, drive train components, hydraulic pumps, motors, and valves after they are assembled. We have some of the most experienced and brightest minds in the industry working at Titan. Our customers ask us to solve their most difficult manufacturing challenges. We are looking for smart people to help them.
65% Mechanical Design of custom systems
· Design in Solidworks
· Work with lead engineer to develop innovative mechanical designs
· Collaborate with customers to solve production problems.
· Research and specify “off the shelf” components
· Create assembly and detail drawings
· Design and detail custom machined components
· Complete bill of materials for part ordering
· Develop expertise in material and labor costs for strategic applications
· Participate in reviews of designs
· Perform system cycle time, load and spacial analysis
· Develop system sequence of operation to meet production requirements
· Control and maintain mechanical design budgets and schedule
35% Support assembly and debug
· Validate parts are correct to design upon receipt and organize for assembly.
· Work with machine shops and fabricators
· Support shop technicians during assembly.
· Debug mechanisms after assembly
· Develop relationships with vendors and fabricators
Technical Skills and Education Required:
· BS in mechanical engineering or 5+ years equivalent work experience
· Good working knowledge of hydraulics and hydraulic components is desirable, but not required
· PC proficiency in MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, SolidWorks
Behavioral Skills Required:
· Positive attitude, must work well with others
· Ability to articulate your ideas to others concisely
· Ability to manage multiple priorities
· Detail oriented and well organized
· Willingness to sometimes work late to make the team successful
· Takes pride in how others feel about your work
· Ability to build respect among peers and team members
· Ability to foster ownership of system design among assembly team
· Performance to budget
· Performance to schedule
· Designs working first time, system assembly – bolt up properly.
· Positive feed back from customers, sale personnel and execution team
Company maintains the right to fill these positions at any time. In addition, the company may conduct simultaneous external and internal searches and may select external candidates over internal candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Titan Inc:
Titan designs and builds custom test machines primarily for Off Highway Vehicle manufacturers and hydraulic component suppliers. Our key customers included Eaton, Caterpillar, John Deere, CNH, Danfoss, and Agco. We are focused on test and measurement data acquisition and analysis.
Company address:9900 Durand Avenue, Sturtevant, WI 53177