Posted 2 years ago in Manufacturing/Operations
1. Develop understanding of the needs of the customers, translate them into product specifications and define set-points and limits for process conditions needed to meet those specifications;
2. Define adequate control strategy for critical process parameters;
3. Establish adequate testing plans to guarantee expected levels of product quality;
4. Assist in the introduction of new products to the production line and making those products manufacturable;
5. Develop in-depth process understanding, performing process characterizations through statistical methods and modeling;
6. Regularly monitor process variables to maximize product conformance, minimize waste and maximize machine availability;
7. Troubleshoot production problems affecting quality, waste or machine availability and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
8. Constantly seek reductions in process variability as a way to maximize process performance (reduce waste, increase machine availability, increase conforming roll performance, reduce department expenses);
9. Propose and lead improvement projects, assessing the risk associated with the associated process and equipment changes;
10. Pareto process problems to prioritize corrective actions and improvement projects;
11. Lead accreditation of process and equipment changes to assure product quality ,often involving internal and external customers;
12. Support operations:
a. Maintain operational documentation of process parameters and set-points;
b. Create and maintain corrective action guidelines;
c. Provide training to increase overall knowledge about the process;
d. Identify opportunities to simplify operational procedures (through poke yoke and automation for example) and therefore reduce variability in the outcomes of the operational interventions;
e. Suggest procedure changes to improve safety, process performance and product conformance.
13. Provide technical support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation. Provide off-hour support on an as needed basis.
1. Minimum education level: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Science.
2. 20 years of experience in plastic film manufacturing industry mostly in process engineering role;
3. Capability to understand product /process/material interactions and for conveying these interactions to operations;
4. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
5. Good communication skills and capacity to prioritize.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
7.High initiative and outstanding sense of urgency, compatible with a manufacturing environment.
8. Project management.
9. Ability to coordinate startup, debug, and qualification of new process equipment.
10. Ability to work closely and collaboratively with various engineers and operators to deliver successful process improvements;
11. Working knowledge of engineering statistics.
1. Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt.
2. Experience with resin accreditation;
3. Master degree.
major world class company
Browse process engineer jobs in Windsor, Colorado:
Intel Corporation - Fort Collins, CO
Posted yesterday on iHire
Posted 10 days ago on CareerBuilder
Avago Technologies - Fort Collins, CO
Posted 1 month ago on Beyond