This position is accountable for the project engineering functions of the plant and reports to the Engineering Manager. Accountabilities include technical assistance in support of the day-to-day operations, as well as providing engineering and project management support for plant projects.
• Provide discipline engineering for capital projects or engineered maintenance solutions
• Complete engineering studies to improve reliability of plant facilities or operations
• Provide specific technical expertise to develop or maintain engineering standards
• Provide reliability and maintenance input to capital project design
• Provide technical support to operating and maintenance departments to support on-going plant operations
• Collect and analyze data to identify projects to improve plant reliability and reduce c
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Good planning, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of technical & manufacturing equipment specifications.
• Experience with mechanical process systems
• Understanding Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
• Good organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various levels in the organization.
• Experience with SAP maintenance & project systems, as well as skill in other general computer software programs (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project etc.).
• Understanding and experience working in an OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) facility
• Experience utilizing World-Class Project Management (WCPM) systems and/or Stage Gate Capital Work systems.
• Experience in Root Cause Failure Analysis methodology
• BS in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
• 3-8 years of mechanical engineering and in the chemical, power, or pulp and paper industry with demonstrated leadership and success in a high-performance culture.
major world class company
Browse mechanical engineer jobs in Anniston, Alabama: