Sorry, this job was closed 6 months ago. See all open Accountant Controller Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Benefits OfferedMedical, Dental
Supervisor: General Manager
Hours: M-F and as projects and company needs demand
Thunder Mountain has an opening for an experienced accounting professional with a strong construction small business background. Position handles day-to-day operations in their department, works closely with the GM, Sales, Construction and consultatively with the management team to solve operational bottlenecks, streamline the collections effort, maintaining bank balance, and negotiate financial contracts.
Primary Duties and Expertise
· Collections, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable
· Bookkeeping, General Ledger Posting, Bank Reconciliation, Closing Books
· Payroll and processing of 1099’s
· Analysis and preparation of financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other accounting reports
· Preliminary Tax Preparation – work with outside auditors and tax accountants
· Internal controls, risk management, compliances, business lic, certifications, and associated calendar of upcoming renewal
· Other duties as assigned and as team needs demand
· Accounting laws and best practices
· Accounting software, CRMs, Excel, Word and Outlook
· Managing and consulting on budget achievement
· Working knowledge of prevailing wage and certified payroll
Billing Categories & Scope of Services:
· Pond Construction and Liners
· Slope Repair
· Stabilized Driving Surfaces & Dust Control
· Erosion Control
· Land Restoration
· Stormwater Management and Permit Compliance
· Stormwater Permit Compliance and BMPs
· Low Impact Development
Metric of Success
· ***Track Company actuals and forecasts to Budget
· Keep within determined AP / AR aging limits
· Balance Sheet Health
· Cash Management
· Ability to master primary duties listed above with timeliness and accuracy
· Communication with management including following all existing reporting protocols
· Consultative team player
· Ability to take direction with a signal request and follow the task through every time
· Reactive to team needs and able to provide solutions in alignment with management mission and values
· Proven to develop a relationships of loyalty and trust with your supervisor as well as strengthening of the documented TME corporate culture
· Successful candidate will produce an immediate sense of omnipresent value to the core team, typified by these explicit elements
· 4-year Accounting degree *required
· Construction industry experience
· 2-5 years recent accounting experience
· Working knowledge of Foundation Accounting Software a plus
· Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strongly analytical
· Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· General knowledge of business taxes
· Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
· Working knowledge of job costing and project management
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Must meet company defined pre-employment physical and drug screening.
· Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record.
About Thunder Mountain Enterprises, Inc:
Thunder Mountain embraces self-reliance, individual growth through achievement, and team unity. Thunder Mountain owners, management and staff do everything in their power to accurately interpret and abide by State and Federal laws, while supporting rational change to a free, competitive, value based society that places emphasis on individual accountability and freedoms.
Thunder Mountain promotes individual and corporate integrity and responsibility equally. We are performance and results driven. We extend equal respect, challenges and opportunities to individuals of every race, creed, color, sex, and religion, who demonstrate the required drive, knowledge, ability and work ethic.
Thunder Mountain people love our natural environment and as a team strive to help support a responsible, economically viable balance of human impact and environmental protections. We do this by developing advanced expertise in matters relating to soil & water, and providing consulting, design, application, and educational services that support healthy environments for animals, plants, and humans.
- Integrity ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ Do the right thing even when itÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂs inconvenient and unacknowledged.
- Family BusinessÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ TME family includes owners, staff, partners, and clientele who are engaged in what we do.
- Measure Success ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ We measure success by team outcome and credit individuals who strengthen the team.
- Innovation -- Seek creative ways to be more effective, save money, and improve results for our customers.
- World Class ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ Train, prepare, execute more effective and efficient than our competition in every respect. Set the standard.
Posted 6 months ago
Browse Accountant Controller jobs in Sacramento, California:
SBM in Sacramento, CA
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Corporate Controller Engineering and Construction Organization
Laurus Group in Sacramento, CA
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Randstad in Sacramento, CA
Posted 22 days ago on the web