Sorry, this job was closed 11 months ago. See all open Accountant Controller Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Benefits OfferedDental, Medical
Supervisor: General Manager
Hours: M-F and as projects and company needs demand
Thunder Mountain has an opening for an experienced accounting professional with a strong construction small business background. Position handles day-to-day operations in their department, works closely with the GM, Sales, Construction and consultatively with the management team to solve operational bottlenecks, streamline the collections effort, maintaining bank balance, and negotiate financial contracts.
Primary Duties and Expertise
· Collections, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable
· Bookkeeping, General Ledger Posting, Bank Reconciliation, Closing Books
· Payroll and processing of 1099’s
· Analysis and preparation of financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other accounting reports
· Preliminary Tax Preparation – work with outside auditors and tax accountants
· Internal controls, risk management, compliances, business lic, certifications, and associated calendar of upcoming renewal
· Other duties as assigned and as team needs demand
· Accounting laws and best practices
· Accounting software, CRMs, Excel, Word and Outlook
· Managing and consulting on budget achievement
· Working knowledge of prevailing wage and certified payroll
Billing Categories & Scope of Services:
· Pond Construction and Liners
· Slope Repair
· Stabilized Driving Surfaces & Dust Control
· Erosion Control
· Land Restoration
· Stormwater Management and Permit Compliance
· Stormwater Permit Compliance and BMPs
· Low Impact Development
Metric of Success
· ***Track Company actuals and forecasts to Budget
· Keep within determined AP / AR aging limits
· Balance Sheet Health
· Cash Management
· Ability to master primary duties listed above with timeliness and accuracy
· Communication with management including following all existing reporting protocols
· Consultative team player
· Ability to take direction with a signal request and follow the task through every time
· Reactive to team needs and able to provide solutions in alignment with management mission and values
· Proven to develop a relationships of loyalty and trust with your supervisor as well as strengthening of the documented TME corporate culture
· Successful candidate will produce an immediate sense of omnipresent value to the core team, typified by these explicit elements
· 4-year Accounting degree *required
· Construction industry experience
· 2-5 years recent accounting experience
· Working knowledge of Foundation Accounting Software a plus
· Working knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strongly analytical
· Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· General knowledge of business taxes
· Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
· Working knowledge of job costing and project management
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Must meet company defined pre-employment physical and drug screening.
· Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record.
About Thunder Mountain Enterprises, Inc:
Thunder Mountain Enterprises, Inc. provides comprehensive soil and water management services, including design, construction and consulting relating to storm water quality compliance, erosion and sediment control, ponds and containment systems, slope stabilization and slide repair, environmentally progressive driving surfaces, dust control, land restoration and low impact development solutions.
Our unique analytical approach combines biotechnology, hydrologic modeling, and soil science with construction and environmental expertise, enabling quick, reliable solutions for agriculture, mining, industrial and commercial applications.
Thunder Mountain principals have 40 years design build general engineering construction experience, with 20 years of focus on environmentally sensitive projects. TME is the only California company to integrate a wide range of field construction services with consulting and design under the same roof. Our customers include public agencies & private industry.
Thunder Mountain embraces self-reliance, individual growth through achievement, and team unity. Thunder Mountain owners, management and staff do everything in their power to accurately interpret and abide by State and Federal laws, while supporting rational change to a free, competitive, value based society that places emphasis on individual accountability and freedoms.
Thunder Mountain promotes individual and corporate integrity and responsibility equally. We are performance and results driven. We extend equal respect, challenges and opportunities to individuals of every race, creed, color, sex, and religion, who demonstrate the required drive, knowledge, ability and work ethic.
Thunder Mountain people love our natural environment and as a team strive to help support a responsible, economically viable balance of human impact and environmental protections. We do this by developing advanced expertise in matters relating to soil & water, and providing consulting, design, application, and educational services that support healthy environments for animals, plants, and humans.
- Integrity - Do the right thing even when it is inconvenient and unacknowledged.
- Family Business - TME family includes owners, staff, partners, and clientele who are engaged in what we do.
- Measure Success - We measure success by team outcome and credit individuals who strengthen the team.
- Innovation - Seek creative ways to be more effective, save money, and improve results for our customers.
- World Class - Train, prepare, execute more effective and efficient than our competition in every respect. Set the standard.
Posted date: 11 months ago
Browse Accountant Controller jobs in Sacramento, CA:
Premier Product Management, Inc in Sacramento, CA
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Controller Job - Sacramento NEW!
Accounting Principals in Sacramento, CA
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Controller Opportunity For Local General Contractor
Accounting Principals in Sacramento, CA
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter