Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago. See all open Environmental Scientist Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Environmental Scientist I (SWPPP Site Inspector)
Compensation$32,000 to $45,000 Annually
Benefits OfferedDental, Medical
Title: SWPPP Site Inspector/Environmental Scientist I
Department: Stormwater Services
Status: FT/ PT/Oncall
Hours: M-F and some weekends or off hours Must be flexible to meet project required
Inspections of and reporting on customer sites covered under Construction General Permit and Industrial General Permit. Provide Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning support to QSD including research, CAD, and administrative duties. Perform labor duties related to installing BMPs as directed.
- Perform SWPPP Inspections and reporting weekly and before, during and after rain events for the construction general permit
- Install BMPs as directed
- Assist Director of Stormwater Services with customer schedule coordination, report preparation and managing job schedule
- Provide support for QSD in preparing proposals and submittals including takeoffs, material and equipment sourcing, customer communication, document and report preparation, etc
- Calibrate meters and sampling equipment
- Complete periodic inspections industrial site and make maintenance recommendations to our clients
- Upload and download to and from SMARTS.
- Follow established deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to management via a formal communications plan
- Maintain rapport with clients & seek out opportunity to sell and upsell construction services.
Required Technical Knowledge:
· SWPPP Design
· Construction Timeline
· Soils Report analysis
· Hydrology Report analysis
· Shed on analysis
· Risk Calculations
· R Factor – Rainfall Erosivity
· K Factor – Soil Erodibility
· LS Factor – Length & Steepness of Slope
· Receiving Water Analysis
· BMP selection and calculations and specs
· Post Construction Calculations
· Change of Information
· Amendment to SWPPP
· Notice of Termination
· Site evaluation
· Weekly inspection
· REAP and Pre inspection
· During Inspection
· Post Inspection
· Amendment to SWPPP if needed
· Rainfall Analysis
Metrics of Success
· Ability to master primary duties listed above with timeliness and accuracy
· Build a relationship of trust and loyalty between self and supervisor
· Proven interest in professional development and growing with the organization
· Intimate understanding of hour-to-hour issues and resources well enough to explain to supervisor to empower decision making and direction of the ever changing tactical approach
· Understanding of stormwater permits, equipment, construction phases, products and vendors
· Successful candidate will produce an immediate sense of omnipresent value to the core team, typified by these explicit elements
· 4-year degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Geology, or related field
· QSP Certified plan for achievement within 2 years
- AutoCAD proficiency a plus
· Ability to honestly and faithfully represent Thunder Mountain Enterprises as reflected by management and documented company values statement
- LONG TERM career aspirations
- Passion for TME specialties
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Self-directed learner that picks-up concepts quickly and self-educates to align with demands of position
- Diplomatic and conflict resolutions skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to consistently absorb administrative and field inspection workload
- Compatible with fast paced team culture
- Comfortable with hard deadlines
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible hours, including weekends and evening as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and walk steep terrain
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
About Thunder Mountain Enterprises, Inc:
Thunder Mountain Enterprises, Inc. provides comprehensive soil and water management services, including design, construction and consulting relating to storm water quality compliance, erosion and sediment control, ponds and containment systems, slope stabilization and slide repair, environmentally progressive driving surfaces, dust control, land restoration and low impact development solutions.
Our unique analytical approach combines biotechnology, hydrologic modeling, and soil science with construction and environmental expertise, enabling quick, reliable solutions for agriculture, mining, industrial and commercial applications.
Thunder Mountain principals have 40 years design build general engineering construction experience, with 20 years of focus on environmentally sensitive projects. TME is the only California company to integrate a wide range of field construction services with consulting and design under the same roof. Our customers include public agencies & private industry.
Thunder Mountain embraces self-reliance, individual growth through achievement, and team unity. Thunder Mountain owners, management and staff do everything in their power to accurately interpret and abide by State and Federal laws, while supporting rational change to a free, competitive, value based society that places emphasis on individual accountability and freedoms.
Thunder Mountain promotes individual and corporate integrity and responsibility equally. We are performance and results driven. We extend equal respect, challenges and opportunities to individuals of every race, creed, color, sex, and religion, who demonstrate the required drive, knowledge, ability and work ethic.
Thunder Mountain people love our natural environment and as a team strive to help support a responsible, economically viable balance of human impact and environmental protections. We do this by developing advanced expertise in matters relating to soil & water, and providing consulting, design, application, and educational services that support healthy environments for animals, plants, and humans.
- Integrity - Do the right thing even when it is inconvenient and unacknowledged.
- Family Business - TME family includes owners, staff, partners, and clientele who are engaged in what we do.
- Measure Success - We measure success by team outcome and credit individuals who strengthen the team.
- Innovation - Seek creative ways to be more effective, save money, and improve results for our customers.
- World Class - Train, prepare, execute more effective and efficient than our competition in every respect. Set the standard.
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse Environmental Scientist jobs in Sacramento, CA:
Environmental Manager of Technical Veracity & Quality
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff in Sacramento, CA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Environmental Consultant - Risk Management
Condor Earth in Rancho Cordova, CA
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Environmental Planner
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff in Sacramento, CA
Posted just now on ZipRecruiter