Contract opportunity through 5/3/13.
Support a cross-functional manufacturing team in a process control initiative to improve production lines and achieve zero defect processes.
Interface with engineers, technicians, and assemblers to deploy SPC on Battery manufacturing processes, identify and eliminate special cause variation to ensure processes are stable and capable, and ultimately reduce variability, improve quality and reduce scrap.
Utilize engineering problem solving that may incorporate MSA, DOE, DMAIC, and root-cause analysis to improve and maintain process stability and capability.
Complete any required documentation (MSA, DOE, SPC) as an output of engineering improvements made.
Help influence change relative to improvement opportunities in alignment with broader organizational goals.
Provide overall support to the Batteries manufacturing lines.
• Undergraduate Engineering degree
• 1-3 years applicable engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of statistical methodologies such as control charts, DOE, ANOVA, and capability analysis.
• Experience and/or training in utilizing, maintaining or implementing SPC on the production floor, root cause analysis of special cause variation, and MSA
• Experience and/or training in problem solving methodologies such as DMAIC, 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagrams, regression analysis, and run charts.
• Proven record of working in a team environment and meeting commitments with tight deadlines.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
• Advanced degree in Chemical, Biomedical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Knowledge of SPC architecture including equipment, sensors, software and data management.
• Minitab, JMP and/or Spotfire experience.
• Lean Sigma or Six Sigma background, Green Belt or Black Belt is a plus.
• Experience in Battery technology
About Three Point Solutions Inc.:
As a leading contract, contract-to-hire and professional placement firm, Three Point Solution understands the importance of aligning our client with the right resource at the right time. We are committed to the highest caliber of service that will benefit our clients, candidates and employees. Unlike large, corporate style recruiting firms, we commit to individualized attention that uniquely positions us to bridge the communication gap between recruiter, employer and candidate. Our goal is to cultivate and maintain true partnerships with our clients and candidates.