Sorry, this job was closed 1 year ago.
“Growing company with expanding opportunities.”
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Assist in training IRAC personnel in basic operations that support the shop.
• US Person Status Due to Export Control.
• Knowledge of CNC and manual equipment capability and daily maintenance.
• Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges.
• Skill in performing mid-level math skills efficiently and accurately (including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fraction and decimals).
• Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
• Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel. both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative).
• Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
• Ability to identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate in English through voice, American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently able to lift or move 25lbs.
• Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
• Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes.
• Constant exposure to moderate noise.
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
• Frequent ability to stand at work station.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
• Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools.
• Frequent repetitive motions.
• Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
• Constantly wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required).
Constant (5-8 hrs. /shift) Frequent (2-5 hrs. /shift) Occasional (Up to 2 hrs. /shift)
Threat Tec LLC/ International Replica Arms Company, LLC are veteran owned small businesses providing support to industry, DoD and consumers.
We are an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Threat Tec, LLC®, a veteran owned small business, provides Certified Red Team exercise support and immersive training environments to support U.S. military training and rehearsal exercises, as well as wargames, experiments, and operational tests and evaluations. Using the OE Flex® capability, Threat Tec tailors the battlefield to match the target Operational Environment (OE) with realistic host nation roleplayers, clothing, weapons, and battlefield effects. Threat Tec’s pool of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Threat Emulators (TEs) are able to support simultaneous exercises at multiple locations across the country.
Posted date: 1 year ago
Browse CNC Operator Machinist jobs in Hampton VA USA: