Posted 2 years ago in Manufacturing/Operations
Effectively plans and implements warehouse solutions and material conveyance strategies for raw, make, and sub-assembled parts in order to support manufacturing and support processes. Coordinate with assembly and support operations to establish scheduled order and delivery processes, maintain and refine departmental budgets, establish a strong safety culture, and use lean principles for total cost improvement. Reduces or eliminates fork-lift delivery methods and incorporates returnable containers into the material conveyance plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Implements JIT and progressive delivery techniques into production. Understands and facilitates the use of KANBAN and 5D processes to ensure the highest quality and consistency are attainable to production.
• Provides leadership and direction to shift supervisors
• Responsible for effective operation and leadership of the finished goods warehouse and establishes inventory levels of finished goods utilizing SPC and demand flow techniques.
• Creates material conveyance strategies that eliminate fork-lift equipment from assembly operations
• Works with material handling engineer to set and establish flow racks and exchange points as well as repack areas that support assembly operations
• Oversee receiving operations and work with logistics coordinator to create and maintain a specific delivery schedule
QUALIFICATIONS AND BASIC SKILLS:
• Bachelor degree in Industrial/Operation Management or related business field and/or five years management experience, materials, and logistics and customs areas.
• Strong knowledge of production scheduling, warehouse, and material handling operations, methods, and practices.
• Ability to develop personnel and work groups into high performing teams by visible leadership among all levels of associates.
• Strong knowledge of computer based production scheduling activities with history of development of routings and communication skills to effectively lead change to various processes with no associated production downtime.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
We are an Executive Recruiting Firm who specializes in placing "Top Talent" to the "Top Companies." We specialize in the HVAC/R & Appliance Industry and have placed professionals in these areas for 14+ yrs. We occasionally place in other industries as well but primarily in the South East. Learn more about us by visiting www.thrpartners.com.
Browse materials manager jobs in Nashville, Tennessee:
Unarco Material Handling - Springfield, TN
Posted 4 days ago on StartWire
Bridgestone Americas, Inc - Nashville, TN
Posted 5 months ago on Beyond
Up-Rite Systems - Springfield, TN
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply