Posted 2 years ago in Engineering
Our client is a multi-national organization located near Nashville, TN. This position will be a highly visible position, critical to the success of the organization.
The Product Engineer, Electronics will be primarily responsible for assistance in the design and development of new embedded electronics devices that will drive innovative controls and control systems in consumer appliances. As an integral member of the Electronics Team, the successful candidate will provide the technical assistance in hardware and or software development from conceptualization through production across each product line.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
1. Understanding of electronic hardware for electronic controls and control systems having significant technical content.
2. The ability to apply knowledge of applicable technology and industry/company standards to investigate new technologies, methods and test procedures.
3. Develops product technical specifications based off of a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design.
4. Develops prototypes and implements new product designs including analog and digital hardware and or firmware.
5. Determines the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products.
6. Prepares test and validation plans. Leads execution and direction of product testing.
7. Develops detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
8. Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
9. Estimates task durations and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimate including costed BOM’s.
10. Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
11. Works with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic components and assemblies.
12. Works closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage electronics suppliers.
13. Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
14. Performs special projects as directed by the Department Manager.
1. English competency both written and oral.
2. B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or 10 years of proven experience.
3. Proven understanding electrical systems.
4. Design/programming competency using assembly language and C/C++ firmware a distinct plus.
5. Competency in understanding mechanical 2D and 3D design and layout using Catia, AutoCAD or similar.
6. Competency in schematic and circuit design and layout using ORCAD or similar CAD system a distinct plus.
7. Familiar with ANSI, UL, CSA, NEMA and IEC standards especially as they relate to consumer appliance products.
8. Ability to translate non-technical user requirements into specific technical solutions.
9. Skilled in technical writing.
10. Proven track record using industry recognized new-product-design processes for electronic, mechanical and software design.
11. Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of both domestic and international technical electronics development teams.
12. Ability to adapt to a very fast paced, loosely structured organization.
13. Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
14. Knowledge and experience in systems integration and the interactions between hardware and software design
We are an Executive Recruiting Firm who specializes in placing "Top Talent" to the "Top Companies." We specialize in the HVAC/R & Appliance Industry and have placed professionals in these areas for 14+ yrs. We occasionally place in other industries as well but primarily in the South East. Learn more about us by visiting www.thrpartners.com.
Browse embedded software engineer jobs in Nashville, Tennessee:
IT Genius Finder - Nashville, TN
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN
Posted 10 days ago on CareerBuilder
FI - Nashville, TN
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply