Multi-location pediatric practice in the Larkspur and Novato, CA areas is seeking an Executive Director to provide direct oversight to all departments across the organization. The successful candidate will not just maintain the organization’s high quality and progressive culture, but will expand growth and development, secure the financial future of the practice through program and payer alignment, and position the organization as a cornerstone within the community for patient centered care.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the assessment, improvement, development and implementation of appropriate plans and processes, maintain accountability for quality of service, deploy expense control and effective management of capital and human resources, and act as the catalyst for propelling the group to achieve full market potential.
The Executive Director is a key resource to the partners, staff, patients and other external parties for addressing issues related to practice management, business development and quality improvement. The successful candidate will have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, willing to work along staff at all levels within the organization to facilitate progress and task completion.
The position will report directly to the managing partners, and thus effective communication and a transparent work process are expected.
· The Executive Director will be expected to manage a dual focus on the ‘bigger picture’ while never losing sight of daily operations.
· Innovative strategy development for meeting current market challenges; stays abreast of upcoming trends and forecasts to maintain a progressive financial track.
· Developing and supporting a team of managers and staff, enabling such to perform to the top of their license or their highest faculties.
· Day-to-day activities include overseeing all business aspects of the practice: revenue cycle management, front desk and back office operations, clinical services, HR matters and patient challenges.
· Secure strong and collaborative relationships with local hospitals, partners, vendors, professional societies and other practices. Leverage these relationships to improve patient care and forward practice interests.
· Assess, improve and develop processes across the organization utilizing certified methods in areas such as Lean, TQM and Six Sigma to both advance organizational performance and communication, and empower and improve mid-level managers.
· Over-arching goals to be achieved include preserving the existing culture and tying it to vision statements congruent with where the practice needs to grow in the market.
Local Candidates only.
· Minimum five years executive management experience across interdisciplinary departments
· Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field required, Master’s preferred
· Certification as either a CMPE or FACMPE from MGMA/ACMPE is desirable.
· Certification in process improvement including Lean, Six Sigma, or TQM
· Demonstratable/quantifiable successes in previous position
About The Verden Group:
The Verden Group is a health care consulting firm representing some of the most innovative medical practices in the country.