Posted 3 years ago in Engineering
Engineering Manager (Job Description)
120K – 130K DOE
POSITION: Manager, Engineering.
REPORTS TO: Director, Engineering
PURPOSE: Improve Engineering Management, Execution and Technology Base
Achieve excellence in engineering project team management and execution by:
• Meeting design to cost, delivery and performance to customer specifications and expectations to contractual requirements for design of microwave products,
• Meeting transfer to production expectations and plans,
• Assisting in the development and successfully implementing technology roadmap.
• Assisting in the development and successfully executing internal research, development and investment projects.
• Executing bids and proposals and developing market opportunities working with sales, marketing and internal functions.
• Leading and achieving significant improvements in engineering operational excellence and new product development process implementation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Engineering Management & Execution
• Integral staff member of the Engineering Management Team in developing both short and long term business, product and technology strategies and execution of those strategies.
• Execute implementation of PDP/NPI (New Product Introduction) and Life Cycle Management Process in conjunction with Program Management by conducting design reviews and coordinating the development and manufacture of prototype product.
• Selecting, training, mentoring, and motivating the technical resources required to develop products, IR&D projects, and drive technical advancements that will meet customer requirements and business objectives.
• Works with Technology & Applications Development to drive technical innovation by assisting in winning new business opportunities by bringing new technology into the company directly or hiring the appropriate technology competencies
• Responsible for development, planning, implementation, Key Performance Objectives (KPO/KPI), budgets of all engineering departments, functions and projects and the full Product Development Process (PDP).
• Development of technical proposals, execution of design to cost and development budgets and technical design approaches.
• Executes and supports quoting activities, support to sales force for applications and technology, customer proposals and visits, product and technology presentations, field representative product training, and assisting in developing win strategies.
• Communicate, both written and verbal, complex technical issues to a variety of audiences.
• Identifying, promoting and executing alternative manufacturing practices working with manufacturing engineering and other functions to improve product manufacturability, performance, design to cost and quality.
• Ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety, survivability, human factors and other requirements in the total engineering effort
EDUCATION: BSEE-MSEE / MBA strongly desired
WORK EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 12 years engineering experience in defense and commercial product development environment.
• Leadership background in the area of state-of-the-art Antennas and Antenna Systems including IF/RF/Microwave product design
• Previous experience as senior member of a Engineering Management teams
• Subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements and be capable of receiving a security clearance for access to classified information.
Browse engineering manager jobs in Thousand Oaks, California:
Leading Medical Device Manufacturer in Santa Clarita, CA
Posted 21 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Gables Search in Santa Clarita, CA
Posted 28 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Cameron Craig in Santa Clarita, CA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter