The Network Technician's role is to the first point of contact for employees and guests with a technology related issues. This includes planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot hardware, applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations and other business departments within the organization
- Install and support printers, multifunction devices and scanners
- Support end-users of Exchange email system, both Outlook and OWA users
- Administration of Active Directory and Exchange
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment, systems, and processes as related to the company’s daily operations
- Travel to company outlets within the Resort to perform system maintenance and upgrades
- Provide frontline technical support to the entire Resort
- Maintains and supports systems: Windows XP/7 clients, Accounting Applications, Reservation & Property Management systems, POS, Microsoft Office and other software applications
- Troubleshoot and support corporate end-user telephony equipment
- Must have a working knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, DNS, and VLANs
- Manage company firewall and layer 2 & 3 switches
- Must be able to terminate and troubleshoot Cat 5 & 6 Ethernet cabling
- Additional IT Support duties.
Posted 3 years ago