Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
Associate Podcast Producer
The Ringer seeks an associate podcast producer to join its Los Angeles–based digital audio team. The ideal candidate will be creative and self-motivated, will possess experience in all aspects of production, and who loves audio storytelling and knows how to convey stories that are entertaining and engaging. The associate podcast producer will provide support to the podcast producers and talent covering topics that drive The Ringer universe: sports, popular culture, technology, politics, food, and more.
· Work closely with the audio staff in support of all production needs
· Act as edit or production support for a full range of podcasts, including research and creating outlines for new episodes of existing Ringer podcast series
· Covering studio sessions as needed
· Organizing and coordinating show delivery schedules
· Provide audio engineer functions to the video team
· Aid in the operation of studio or field production equipment as necessary
· Provide general studio and office support as needed
· Most importantly, strive to make smart, creative, industry-leading work you’re proud of
· Minimum of two to three years’ experience in a professional digital media production role
· Must have prior experience as an audio producer, demonstrating an understanding of creating content on the latest social media platforms
· Must show a fundamental ability to make sound editorial judgments and balance conflicting priorities
· An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way
· Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting, and what makes compelling audio and sound
· Deep understanding of news and story lines, with sound journalistic ethics and judgment
· Extensive knowledge of and a passion for the NBA, NFL, and pop culture
· Capacity to work and react quickly in a digital news environment
· Must be able to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure, including working evenings and weekends
· An enthusiasm for The Ringer’s content
This is a permanent, full-time position with comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. Please attach a cover letter, a resume, and samples of previous work if applicable.
The Ringer is committed to creating a diverse community and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability and any other basis protected by applicable law.