Reporting to the company President in Morristown, NJ office, expectations include cold calling and qualifying prospective clients, building a robust pipeline, and closing business. The ideal candidate has a successful, solutions sales background in data center and network solutions. An understanding of Data Center, Hosted Servers, Managed Services, Cloud Service technologies and Colocation is desirable. Communication will be primarily with stakeholders and must be comfortable selling to CTO, CIO and CMO executives as well as senior network and Data Center engineers.Position Responsibilities:
- Understand the Company’s products, how they are priced, and competitive points of difference, so that the message is delivered accurately and with clear value to any potential customer.
- Exceeding monthly quota objectives through outbound sales activities.
- Accurately forecasting opportunities based on realistic assessments.
- Meeting internal metrics including: number of opportunities, dollars in pipeline, and closed business.
- Qualifying business opportunities by proactively initiating outbound calls to senior level management and probing prospects to determine needs.
- Managing prospect information using the company customer relationship management system (ACT).
- Arranging appointments to present & demonstrate services to qualified prospects.
- Generating sales proposals, RFP/RFI Responses and following up with prospects to tailor best-fit solutions
- Coordinating negotiations to close deals based on price and service delivery commitments.
- Transitioning closed deals to Delivery Managers, Operations and Customer Account Management.
- Optimizing productivity and following up on all leads in a timely manner.
- Researching prospective industries and companies to assess their suitability for services.
- Working closely with Infrastructure and Data Center Management to cultivate and enhance existing product/services and to create new innovative offerings to grow the company.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of sales experience, preferably in a technology sales role selling Infrastructure Service, data center / collocation services.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal oriented.
- The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate with senior level management, explain complex products and demonstrate services over the phone and using web conferencing.
- Some knowledge of server architecture, technology, and/or infrastructure. Mainframe sales knowledge a plus!
- Track record of sales success reflected in history of quota attainment and income.
- Experience with MS Office products and Excel P&L Models.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business or related discipline.
- Experience selling to IT as well as Line of Business General Managers and Senior Executives.
- Must have experience selling Infrastructure Services and Data Center Hosting Services.
Experience selling ASP/SaaS models a Plus.
Posted 4 years ago