Number of Positions: 1
2 Possible Locations: Ridgefield Park, NJ or Roanoke, VA
Base Pay: DOE
Employee Type: Permanent
Citizenship: US Citizen/Green Card
Experience: 6-8 years minimum
The IT Distributed Systems Manager role is a Hands-On management role designed to ensure operation of the IT Distributed Systems Department: responsible for planning and coordinating the activities agreed upon by the organization, as well as for providing direction and support of daily operational activities. The position will call for close interaction of executives, clients and other groups to identify, recommend, plan, and implement client and corporate strategy. Manager is responsible for both the technical and managerial support for all distributed systems.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Must have extremely strong Storage Infrastructure experience and Server Infrastructure experience.
· Very strong infrastructure experience. Someone who has managed Windows & Unix server teams, managed & has a lot of experience with Virtualized environments.
· ITIL v3.
· Virtualization Concepts and proven experience with VMware vSphere, Citrix XenApp.
· Public and Private Cloud experience a plus.
· Windows Active Directory Design and Administration.
· Server Hardware Engineering concepts and practices.
· Capacity Planning methodologies.
· High Availability and Clustering.
· Operating System Configurations and Standardization.
· Strong Business Documentation Capabilities.
· Supervise staff of 20 employees and contractors in various locations in Ridgefield Park, NJ; Roanoke, VA; Chennai, India; & Toronto, Canada.
· Resource Management.
· Other Administrative Functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage & maintain 2 data center infrastructures.
· Manage installation, administration of multi-tenancy Infrastructure Architecture.
· Document & enforce Architectural standards according to best practices.
· Manage regular system maintenance, patching & updates.
· Perform capacity planning on variety of different hardware.
· Create technical documentation & metrics on system functionality & performance for executives & clients.
· Working knowledge of Server hardware, Networking Devices, Active Directory, Citrix, VMware, UNIX/Linux, SAN, Wintel.
· Management of multiple groups in multiple locations.
· Advise on project planning, task identification, costs, resource allocation, etc.
· Conduct chain management, IT staffing & recruiting, workload placement in multiple geographically dispersed Data Centers.
· Develop & maintain customer & vendor relations.
· Participate in planning & execution of cloud strategy.
· Asset/Server Management.
· Capacity Management.
· Data Collection and budgeting.
· University Graduation.
· ITIL v3 Foundation certification.
Posted 4 years ago