Our client is partnering with The QC Group to find a Quality Supervisor for their Anoka/Ramsey area facility. The Quality Supervisor will supervise and coordinate all facility level receiving, in-process and final inspection and personnel in order to ensure that products consistently meets specific and implied quality and performance standards. The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System at the facility and ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Ensures that all inspection and testing procedures are sufficient to enable company personnel to consistently meet or exceed customer specifications and requirements.
• Organizes and schedules work, assigns job duties, and monitors progress to ensure that receiving, in-process, and final inspection functions are performed in a manner which promotes the quality image and reputation of the company.
• Coordinates inspection, measurement and test methods with production to ensure that:
• Programs Zeiss if needed.
• Recommends and coordinates the disposition of nonconforming products and the actions taken to remedy the immediate causes of the nonconformance.
• Maintains and supports Production in documenting and implementing Corrective and Preventive Actions.
• Reviews, investigates, and answers Customer Complaints, problems, and questions concerning product quality.
• Reviews Vendor related problems and communicates them to Purchasing and Quality Director for resolution.
• Ensures that assigned areas are sufficiently staffed to meet work requirements. Coordinates staffing needs with Production.
• Develops a department structure and climate that will optimize effectiveness throughout assigned areas.
• Provide on-the-job training to other employees in department.
• Reviews inspection equipment and methods utilized by manufacturing personnel, orders new and replacement gages as required. Maintains measurement and test equipment calibration system.
• Keeps relevant facility personnel informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management of the Quality Management System.
• Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with other personnel to ensure a coordinated work effort and a “team” approach.
• Able to performs the essential job functions of an Inspector as it relates to the assigned area.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school education, plus at least 2 years of technical training in quality programs or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of inspection equipment, methods, and methods. Knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 5 years of related quality inspection experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience. Background in precision production machining and engineering.
SKILLS ABILITIES: Strong leadership and sound decision making capabilities. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and positions.