Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Technical Support Specialist Jobs in Addison, IL
IT Technical Support Specialist - 2nd Shift
- Provides System Administrator support for the Oracle eBusiness suite of applications the P800 enterprise and Prowess production applications. Responsibilities include monitoring user accounts and modifying application responsibilities, roles and menus as requested by the company’s Business Process Owners, creating and monitoring concurrent and scheduled jobs and deploying application responsibilities into production.
- Monitors processes critical to the business’s operations, i.e. jobs scheduled in the Prowess, Oracle and Alpha systems. Resolves routine problems, involves other IT personnel as necessary for more difficult resolutions.
- Performs mid-month and end of month processing in Prowess, Oracle and P800. Prints and/or distributes company daily, weekly, monthly and month end reports.
- Provides front-line support for hardware and software issues that occur in the Distribution Center. Works with outside software and hardware vendors as well as company staff to communicate and resolve DC support issues. Configures scanners and other necessary hardware used in the Distribution Center.
- Performs IT helpdesk analyst function by fielding calls for Information Systems issues from all departments. Creates a record of each call’s circumstances by collecting information from the caller, opens and prioritizes help desk “ticket”, determines which area of IT the call should be routed to and assigns request to IT specialist for problem resolution.
- Runs daily and weekly information backups, restores data integrity to files from backup tapes as requested and performs the weekly system maintenance of the P800 system’s data files.
- This position will provide level 1 Desktop support for all users experiencing problems with desktop hardware, software and other computer related IT issues and inquiries. This individual will work with end-users to collect information about problems and lead the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the resolution of the service request.
- Act as liaison between coworkers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain Communications with coworkers as necessary during the problem resolution process.
- Respond to help desk call and e-mails, log computer problems and assist with routine problems; problems that are not quickly resolved are escalated to the next level. Provide technical support services to the end users, including those in remote offices.
- Assist with creating user network accounts, accounts for all supported applications and email addresses.
- Provides front-line support for hardware and software issues that occur in the Distribution Center.
- Works with outside software and hardware vendors as well as company staff to communicate and resolve DC support issues.
- Configures scanners and other necessary hardware used in the Distribution Center.
- Complete required technical training to maintain and enhance support levels. Utilize free time to improve skills through research, self-paced training and special projects. Maintain contact with other information technology personnel for the purpose of keeping abreast of developments, techniques and user programs. Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware and other equipment.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Work Experience, Certifications, Skills):
- Associates Degree required. In lieu of degree, equivalent technical experience required.
- 2 years experience in an office and production environment as a Computer/Support Specialist.
- 1 year experience supporting various information technology platforms (Open VMS, Linux, SAN, TOAD) and applications (Oracle, SQL).
- Familiar with Help desk practices.
- Customer Service mentality required
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware and network connectivity, with proficient knowledge of MS Windows OS required.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN networking.
- Must possess a high professional standard of confidentiality.
- Proficiency on a PC and with various application programs including Windows, MS Office Standard, IE Explorer, Oracle eBusiness Suite required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and proper phone etiquette required.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organization skills required.
- Ability to analyze and quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Strong decision-making skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational and time management skills essential.
- Experience with a wide variety of software applications required.
- Strong PC skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet mandatory overtime requirements.
- Ability to adhere to and plan according to strict deadlines with reliability and accuracy required.
- Excellent written skills required for Standard Operation Procedure documentation.
About The Pampered Chef:
The Pampered Chef s the premier direct seller of essential kitchen tools and part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of businesses. The company and its sales force of independent Pampered Chef Consultants offer multipurpose kitchen tools, easy recipes that produce dramatic results and time-saving techniques that make cooking and entertaining quick, easy and fun. As a proud member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA), The Pampered Chef supports the Association's Code of Ethics a promise to uphold the highest standards of business practices.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Technical Support Specialist jobs in Addison, Illinois: