Technical Relationship Manager & Process Implementation Specialist at High Growth Startup
We are seeking a problem solving, self-starting, innovative, process-oriented Technical Relationship Manager & Process Implementation Specialist to support our explosive growth.
****Please only apply for this position if you consider yourself incredibly tech savvy. This is a role where the right candidate will build out and professionalize a department using all technology tools available. For example, you should already use several devices (tablets, laptops, mobile, etc.) to manage your own life on a daily basis.********Please use the "Apply Now" feature on this posting. Please do not "Apply with Linkedin." After submitting your resume through the "Apply Now" link, the "Apply Now" feature will launch prompts for responses to the interview questions listed at the bottom of this posting. These responses are required for interview consideration. Applications submitted via Linkedin will not be considered.****Role
- You'll start by putting structure around business processes for tracking all information in the Client Relations / Sales Department - determine the business' CRM needs, test alternative systems available, choose optimal CRM, and manage the implementation onto chosen CRM.
- Then, you'll use that CRM to manage all customer interactions.
- All the while, you'll liase with the Trading team, the Supply Chain team, and the rest of the Sales team to act as the point person for all Sales.
- You'll eventually build out your own team to support you.
This is a unique role - we're seeking a candidate who will handle all aspects of client relations, liaising with our (1) trading team, (2) supply chain team, and (3) customers and prospective customers.
The right candidate:
- Excels at driving "all things" client relations and problem-solving
- Has a strong appreciation and respect for process, structure, and effective communication
- Is incredibly resourceful by leveraging all aspects of available technology to execute on the above
This candidate will manage all interactions for customer relationship management - inclusive of both existing accounts and external relationships. This candidate will drive the details of all our day to day sales activities and endeavors.This is not
a role where you will simply put your head down and answer/make phone calls - it's not a "dialing for dollars" role.Company Background
The Company is a high growth trading and outsourced supply chain firm. We engage in trade, trade finance, logistical solutions, manufacturing, sourcing, and global distribution. We are a highly motivated team with a shared passion for entrepreneurship, working in a fast-paced environment.
We have launched 4 global offices in New York, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Manila. New York operations are based in Nassau County, Long Island.Company Culture
We value strong analytical, problem-solving mindsets and those with sound business judgment. Team members must clearly identify issues and present creative and practical solutions via effective communication. We leverage the use of technology whenever possible. It's common for team members to be running multiple applications across multiple platforms on multiple devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, desktops) all at the same time.
We do not fear change. Rather, we embrace it. The ability to adapt and innovate is critical to our success.Responsibilities
● Act as liaison between the Company’s customers and the Company’s:
○ Sales Team, Trading Team, Supply Chain Team, and Executive Team
● Execute day-to-day Sales support operations
○ Manage in-house sales (house accounts)
○ Manage external brokers
○ Assist Head of Sales in acquisition of new accounts - Manage sourcing requests and proposals
● Execute day-to-day Customer Service needs
○ Respond to customer inquiries
○ Manage all inbound office communications
○ Oversee coordination of customer specific artwork
● Execute day-to-day Product Sample Management needs
○ Ship samples to customers
○ Work with procurement team on new samples’ requests
○ Manage incoming samples from customers
● Interact directly with the Executive Team to implement change and build processes for our growing organization
○ Drive CRM system implementation
● Determine reporting needs, and develop recommendations for Company action
○ Monthly “key metrics” reportsPrevious Work Experience
● Comparable position at a fast growing, tech-enabled firm
● Software / hardware engineering exposure (day to day trouble-shooting and problem solving experience) is considered a plusQualifications
● Hard Skills
○ Strong problem-solving abilities
○ Ability to manage all work related items via technology platforms
○ 3-8 years of relevant experience, showing progressive advancement and a record of achievement
○ Bachelors degree from a reputable institution
○ Superb Microsoft Office skills
○ Analytical and detail oriented
● Soft Skills
○ Charismatic persona
○ Superb verbal and written communication skills - demonstrated ability to structure logical arguments in verbal and written presentations
■ Highly creative, with the ability to understand the perspectives of others and the ability to communicate both effectively and compellingly
○ Proactive and motivated self-starter - ability to take ownership and run projects/tasks independently with limited resources
■ Assertive, with a high degree of self-confidence and good executive presence
○ Organized, disciplined, and process-oriented
○ Team player - teamwork is essential to our successes
○ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
○ Flexible and willing to adjust in a fast and challenging environmentIncentives
● Competitive compensation
● MeritocracyIdeal Candidate
The ideal candidate is not just any person. We are a high growth company, where we are building new processes daily to support our growth. We work in a very challenging, fast pace environment.
To succeed, we must operate smarter and faster than the competition. Therefore, the ideal candidate must have the hunger and the drive to want to make our team win. The ideal candidate must have a growth mentality. The ideal candidate must have tough-skin and be able to “run with it.” This candidate must embrace technology in everything he/she does. It is critical to our success. If you believe you are the right fit, demonstrate to us why you are the right fit. If so, we very much look forward to meeting with you. Interview Questions to Submit with Resume Drop
Please note you will have to submit responses to the following questions after clicking "Apply Now" in the Ziprecruiter links. We recognize these questions are different from how other firms run their recruiting processes. We hope they demonstrate to you that we are a different kind of firm running a different kind of recruiting process. Please take your time and provide thoughtful responses.
1. Do you live within 1 hour of New Hyde Park, NY? If so, how long is the commute?
2. Please describe your fit with this opportunity.
3. What value do you bring to the table on day one?
4. What do you expect from the Company?
5. What does technology mean to you? How do you use it in your daily life?
6. Which technology tools do you prefer?
-Which smartphone? Why? How often do you check your phone?
-Which internet browser? Why?
-Which instant messaging service? Why?
-Which email client? Why? How often do you check your email?
7. Please describe what each of the following means to you:
8. Day 1, my first ask is – put us on the right CRM to give us to ability to scale operations. Please walk me through how you plan on approaching that. Who will you speak with? What resources will you need? What questions will you need to ask (and receive answers to) in order to ensure you have all the information you need properly attack this initiative.
9. What ballpark compensation package do you seek?
10. Anything else you would like to share?