Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Sales Account Manager Jobs in New Hyde Park, NY
Problem-Solving Technical Sales Account Manager at High Growth Startup
We are seeking a self-starting, innovative, process-oriented Technical Sales Account Manager to support our explosive growth.
This is a unique role - we're seeking a candidate who will handle all aspects of client relations, liaising with our (1) trading team, our (2) supply chain team, and (3) our customers and prospective customers.
The right candidate:
- Excels at driving "all things" sales and client services
- Has a strong appreciation and respect for process, structure, and effective communication
- Is incredibly resourceful by leveraging all aspects of available technology to execute on the above
This is not a role where you will simply put your head down and answer phone calls.
You'll start by putting structure around business processes for tracking all information in the Sales Department - determine the business' CRM needs, test alternative systems available, choose optimal CRM, and manage the implementation onto chosen CRM.
Then, you'll use that CRM to manage all customer interactions.
All the while, you'll liase with the Trading team, the Supply Chain team, and the rest of the Sales team to act as the point person for all Sales.
The Company is a high growth trading and outsourced supply chain firm. We engage in trade, trade finance, logistical solutions, manufacturing, sourcing, and global distribution. We are a highly motivated team with a shared passion for entrepreneurship, working in a fast-paced environment.
We have launched 4 global offices in New York, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Manila. New York operations are based in Nassau County, Long Island.
We value strong analytical, problem-solving mindsets and those with sound business judgment. Team members must clearly identify issues and present creative and practical solutions via effective communication. We leverage the use of technology whenever possible. It's common for team members to be running multiple applications across multiple platforms on multiple devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, desktops) all at the same time.
We do not fear change. Rather, we embrace it. The ability to adapt and innovate is critical to our success.
● Act as liaison between the Company’s customer operations and the Company’s:
○ Sales Team, Trading Team, Supply Chain Team, and Executive Team
● Execute day-to-day Sales operations
○ Manage in-house sales (house accounts)
○ Manage external brokers
○ Assist Head of Sales in acquisition of new accounts - Manage sourcing requests and proposals
● Execute day-to-day Customer service needs
○ Respond to customer inquiries
○ Manage all inbound office communications
○ Oversee coordination of customer specific artwork
● Execute day-to-day Product sample management needs
○ Ship samples to customers
○ Work with procurement team on new samples’ requests
○ Manage incoming samples from customers
● Interact directly with the Executive Team to implement change and build processes for our growing organization
○ Drive CRM system implementation
● Determine reporting needs, and develop recommendations for Company action
○ Monthly “key metrics” reports
Previous Work Experience
● Comparable position at a fast growing, tech-enabled firm
● Software / hardware engineering exposure - day to day trouble-shooting and problem solving experience
● Hard Skills
○ Strong problem-solving abilities
○ Ability to manage all work related items via technology platforms
○ 3-8 years of relevant experience, showing progressive advancement and a record of achievement
○ Bachelors degree from a reputable institution
○ Superb Microsoft Office skills
○ Analytical and detail oriented
● Soft Skills
○ Charismatic persona
○ Superb verbal and written communication skills - demonstrated ability to structure logical arguments in verbal and written presentations
■ Highly creative, with the ability to understand the perspectives of others and the ability to communicate both effectively and compellingly
○ Proactive and motivated self-starter - ability to take ownership and run projects/tasks independently with limited resources
■ Assertive, with a high degree of self-confidence and good executive presence
○ Organized, disciplined, and process-oriented
○ Team player - teamwork is essential to our successes
○ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
○ Flexible and willing to adjust in a fast and challenging environment
● Competitive compensation
The ideal candidate is not just any person. We are a high growth company, where we are building new processes daily to support our growth. We work in a very challenging, fast pace environment.
Our business is global trade. This is a fragmented market which is very information poor. To succeed, we must operate smarter and faster than the competition.
Therefore, the ideal candidate must have the hunger and the drive to want to make our team win. The ideal candidate must have a growth mentality. The ideal candidate must have tough-skin and be able to “run with it.” This candidate must embrace technology in everything he/she does. It is critical to our success. If you believe you are the right fit, demonstrate to us why you are the right fit. If so, we very much look forward to meeting with you.
Interview Questions to Submit with Resume Drop
Please note you will have to submit responses to the following questions after clicking "Apply Now" in the Ziprecruiter links. We recognize these questions are different from how other firms run their recruiting processes. We hope they demonstrate to you that we are a different kind of firm running a different kind of recruiting process. Please take your time and provide thoughtful responses.
2. Please describe your fit with this opportunity.
3. What value do you bring to the table on day one?
4. What do you expect from the Company?
5. What does technology mean to you? How do you use it in your daily life?
6. Which technology tools do you prefer?
7. Please describe what each of the following means to you:
8. What ballpark compensation package do you seek?
9. Anything else you would like to share?
About The Ocala Group:
The Ocala Group is a high growth sourcing and supply chain management firm. We provide outsourced supply chain services such as sourcing, order management, manufacturing, logistics, and global distribution. We design, manufacture, and transport single use food service packaging and medical supply products. Ocala is a rapidly growing global team of 20 people, with operations across the US and Asia. Our HQ is based in New Hyde Park, NY (Nassau County).
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Sales Account Manager jobs in New Hyde Park, New York: